There are fish recipes for all occasions, and this ingredient is tasty and healthy too. Choose from cod, trout, haddock, salmon, tuna, or another treat from the sea or river, to make a delicious fish meal.
Shrimp features in salads, soups, stir-fries and so many other dishes. This versatile ingredient has a distinctive flavor and adds a splash of color to any meal you make with it.
Clams may be steamed, added to chowders or soups, or prepared in another way. These fishy little bites come in different varieties and they are juicy and delicious whatever you make with them.
Nothing is as impressive as lobster, whether you serve it whole, halved or in a salad, bisque or another dish. Discover how to prepare and cook your lobster like a pro.
Whether you want a casual snack or impressive dish, seafood is a wonderful ingredient to use. Types of seafood include shrimp, clams, scallops, mussels, and other shellfish.
Crab has a distinctive flavor and it may be used to make appetizers, salads, chowders, and so much more. Choose from fresh, canned, thawed or imitation crab, to make the perfect meal.
Chosing the Best Seafood to Make
Seafood is delicate. It starts to spoil very quickly. Because of this, it is important to select the best seafood you can when you buy. One of the best things you can do for yourself is to find a fishmonger that you trust. Luckily, there are several to choose from in Los Angeles.
You will recognize a good fishmonger by a shop that smells clean, not fishy. The shop should be clean, including the floors. If they have whole fish on display, it should be immersed at least half way in ice. Fillets should sit on top of the ice. No seafood should be displayed in puddles of water. The counter help should be able to answer questions for you like how long will the clams last or where do the halibut come from.
When you buy seafood, make sure it is the last thing on your list so it does not sit in your car too long. Bring a cooler with you to keep your seafood cold. Ask for a little ice to go along with it when you buy. When you get it home, store it properly. This means fish should be chilled and well wrapped. Shellfish should be chilled and wrapped, but there should be airflow. They are still alive, so air is important. By doing all of this, you will be ensured of eating seafood that is fresh and delicious.
Three Reasons to Make Your Own Seafood Recipes
Many people are afraid to cook their own seafood, but you don’t need to be afraid. If you are new to cooking seafood, just stick with basic cooking methods and you will be fine.
1. Making your own seafood recipes at home will save you money. You do not have to pay for someone else’s cooking expertise, the wait staff, or anything else the restaurant has to pay for. You will be able to buy more fish for the same amount of money, or buy the same amount of fish at the fish market for less money.
2. Learning to cook seafood is a wonderful skill to have. You will be able to provide your family with healthy meals from the sea whenever anyone has the cravings for fish, shellfish, or other seafood. Tackling this skill is not difficult; once you have made seafood a few times, you will be ready to start experimenting.
3. By cooking your seafood at home, you will be able to pick out the best quality seafood you can find. Go ahead, look for that Copper River wild salmon or those sweet Dungeness crabs when they are in season. You do not have to wait to see if they are on special at the local seafood restaurant.
So go ahead and try cooking your own seafood. It is not difficult to learn. A fresh seafood dinner at home is a wonderful gift to give to your family. They will start looking forward to your fresh seafood dinners and before you know it, you will be an expert.
Los Angeles Seafood is now Part of AmazingSeafoodRecipes.com
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81132 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33421 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26436 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22127 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21005 Views)
- Fish and Chips (19697 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17437 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (16930 Views)