Crab legs are a delicacy that people often enjoy at restaurants. They are very simple to cook, however. Of course, you could serve the legs along with your crab salad as an attractive garnish. But perhaps you want to serve the crab salad along with crab legs and other dishes. What then? Many people, when faced with this dilemma, wonder what do you serve with crab legs?
Crab legs go well with artichokes and deviled eggs. Of course, you do not have to serve them all, just choose what works best for you. These foods complement the texture and flavor of delicious crab legs.
Potatoes, Rice and Pasta
Baked, roasted, or boiled potatoes all go well with crab legs. Keep it simple and let the crab shine. Risotto or rice pilaf are also good choices. Roasted potatoes are a nice way to cut some of the richness of the crab, while the risotto tends to enhance the richness. You could also make twice baked potatoes as a nice complementary dish. In San Francisco, it is traditional to serve fresh crab with crusty sourdough bread. You can always do that at home, too.
Steamed greens are a good choice to highlight the sweetness of the crab. Have a dish of melted butter for dipping the crab meat into; the greens help cut the richness. Spinach, green beans, peas or any green will do. Asparagus makes a nice vegetable with crab legs, as does corn on the cob.
Of course the traditional dip for crab legs is clarified butter. You can flavor it if you wish, or make a white butter sauce. If you prefer to use a different sauce than butter, try cocktail sauce, hollandaise, or green goddess dressing. Flavored mayonnaise is delicious for dipping, try flavoring it with chipotle, tarragon, or other herbs.
If crab legs are not the main portion of your meal (they are very expensive), you can still enjoy them with a main dish. The traditional main dish to serve with crab legs is steak. Your typical surf and turf hits the spot perfectly for many people. Choose your favorite cut of steak and make some baked potatoes to go with it.
Of course, you could prepare an entire seafood boil where the crab legs are just part of it. Whole crabs, crab legs, shrimp, clams, and lobster could all be boiled together and served with beer, potatoes and corn on the cob. This is a casual type dinner served outdoors. Just cover your table with layers of newspaper and dump the food down the center of the table. Equip everyone with pliers and shrimp forks and let them dig in.
As you can see, crab legs are extremely versatile. It does not matter if you are serving snow crab, king crab or Dungeness crab… they are all extremely delicious no matter how you serve them. Let them shine by their own merit. Get the freshest crab legs you can to enjoy the best flavor.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe with Penne November 22, 2014
- Shrimp Scampi with Pasta Recipe November 20, 2014
- Shrimp Fried Rice Chinese Style November 18, 2014
- Diabetic-Friendly Shrimp Stir Fry November 17, 2014
- Herby Salmon Casserole with Sour Cream November 7, 2014
- Poached Salmon with Dill Horseradish Sauce November 5, 2014
- Salmon Patties in a Lemon Cheese Sauce November 2, 2014
- Simple Baked Mexican Fish Filets October 26, 2014
- Easy Cod Croquettes August 31, 2014
- 4-Herb Baked Salmon Recipe August 26, 2014
- Gourmet Roasted Salmon with Pea Puree August 24, 2014
- Lime and Chili Tilapia Taco Recipe August 19, 2014
- Home (71973 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (32628 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (24400 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (20261 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (20103 Views)
- Fish and Chips (15962 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (15867 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (14179 Views)
- Common Seafood SeasoningsJanuary 16, 2015
- The Life Cycle of a SalmonNovember 1, 2014
- The Life-Cycle of a CrawfishOctober 22, 2014
- Shrimp Glossary of Cooking Terms - Shrimp Cooking A - ZOctober 21, 2014
- A Brief History of Shrimp and Shrimp RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- A Closer Look at Shrimp RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- A Complete Guide to Cooking Crab LegsOctober 21, 2014
- A Delicious Guide to the History of Fish RecipesOctober 21, 2014