Crab legs are a delicacy that people often enjoy at restaurants. They are very simple to cook, however. Of course, you could serve the legs along with your crab salad as an attractive garnish. But perhaps you want to serve the crab salad along with crab legs and other dishes. What then? Many people, when faced with this dilemma, wonder what do you serve with crab legs?
Crab legs go well with artichokes and deviled eggs. Of course, you do not have to serve them all, just choose what works best for you. These foods complement the texture and flavor of delicious crab legs.
Potatoes, Rice and Pasta
Baked, roasted, or boiled potatoes all go well with crab legs. Keep it simple and let the crab shine. Risotto or rice pilaf are also good choices. Roasted potatoes are a nice way to cut some of the richness of the crab, while the risotto tends to enhance the richness. You could also make twice baked potatoes as a nice complementary dish. In San Francisco, it is traditional to serve fresh crab with crusty sourdough bread. You can always do that at home, too.
Steamed greens are a good choice to highlight the sweetness of the crab. Have a dish of melted butter for dipping the crab meat into; the greens help cut the richness. Spinach, green beans, peas or any green will do. Asparagus makes a nice vegetable with crab legs, as does corn on the cob.
Of course the traditional dip for crab legs is clarified butter. You can flavor it if you wish, or make a white butter sauce. If you prefer to use a different sauce than butter, try cocktail sauce, hollandaise, or green goddess dressing. Flavored mayonnaise is delicious for dipping, try flavoring it with chipotle, tarragon, or other herbs.
If crab legs are not the main portion of your meal (they are very expensive), you can still enjoy them with a main dish. The traditional main dish to serve with crab legs is steak. Your typical surf and turf hits the spot perfectly for many people. Choose your favorite cut of steak and make some baked potatoes to go with it.
Of course, you could prepare an entire seafood boil where the crab legs are just part of it. Whole crabs, crab legs, shrimp, clams, and lobster could all be boiled together and served with beer, potatoes and corn on the cob. This is a casual type dinner served outdoors. Just cover your table with layers of newspaper and dump the food down the center of the table. Equip everyone with pliers and shrimp forks and let them dig in.
As you can see, crab legs are extremely versatile. It does not matter if you are serving snow crab, king crab or Dungeness crab… they are all extremely delicious no matter how you serve them. Let them shine by their own merit. Get the freshest crab legs you can to enjoy the best flavor.
Leave a Reply
- Easy Cod Croquettes August 31, 2014
- 4-Herb Baked Salmon Recipe August 26, 2014
- Gourmet Roasted Salmon with Pea Puree August 24, 2014
- Lime and Chili Tilapia Taco Recipe August 19, 2014
- Baked Fish Recipes December 22, 2013
- Shrimp on the Grill Recipes December 21, 2013
- Fettuccini Carbonara Recipe December 16, 2013
- Baked Salmon Fish Cakes December 15, 2013
- Home (52235 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (27240 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (18872 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (15899 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (11363 Views)
- Fried Lobster Tail Recipes (9943 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (9663 Views)
- Baked Steelhead Trout Recipe (8844 Views)
- Succulent Seared Scallops Recipe in a Citrus Sauce (8503 Views)
- Delicious Imitation Crab Salad Sandwich (8484 Views)
- How to Brine Shrimp for Shrimp RecipesAugust 28, 2014
- How to Make the Very Best Salmon RecipesAugust 20, 2014
- Great Cooking Tips for Succulent Salmon RecipesAugust 20, 2014
- Why Homemade Shrimp Recipes are Wonderfully UniqueAugust 16, 2014
- Recipe PublishingJuly 14, 2014
- CrabJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab SaladJanuary 28, 2014
- Cold Crab SaladJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab RecipesJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab ArticlesJanuary 28, 2014