Crab legs are a delicacy that people often enjoy at restaurants. They are very simple to cook, however. Of course, you could serve the legs along with your crab salad as an attractive garnish. But perhaps you want to serve the crab salad along with crab legs and other dishes. What then? Many people, when faced with this dilemma, wonder what do you serve with crab legs?
Crab legs go well with artichokes and deviled eggs. Of course, you do not have to serve them all, just choose what works best for you. These foods complement the texture and flavor of delicious crab legs.
Potatoes, Rice and Pasta
Baked, roasted, or boiled potatoes all go well with crab legs. Keep it simple and let the crab shine. Risotto or rice pilaf are also good choices. Roasted potatoes are a nice way to cut some of the richness of the crab, while the risotto tends to enhance the richness. You could also make twice baked potatoes as a nice complementary dish. In San Francisco, it is traditional to serve fresh crab with crusty sourdough bread. You can always do that at home, too.
Steamed greens are a good choice to highlight the sweetness of the crab. Have a dish of melted butter for dipping the crab meat into; the greens help cut the richness. Spinach, green beans, peas or any green will do. Asparagus makes a nice vegetable with crab legs, as does corn on the cob.
Of course the traditional dip for crab legs is clarified butter. You can flavor it if you wish, or make a white butter sauce. If you prefer to use a different sauce than butter, try cocktail sauce, hollandaise, or green goddess dressing. Flavored mayonnaise is delicious for dipping, try flavoring it with chipotle, tarragon, or other herbs.
If crab legs are not the main portion of your meal (they are very expensive), you can still enjoy them with a main dish. The traditional main dish to serve with crab legs is steak. Your typical surf and turf hits the spot perfectly for many people. Choose your favorite cut of steak and make some baked potatoes to go with it.
Of course, you could prepare an entire seafood boil where the crab legs are just part of it. Whole crabs, crab legs, shrimp, clams, and lobster could all be boiled together and served with beer, potatoes and corn on the cob. This is a casual type dinner served outdoors. Just cover your table with layers of newspaper and dump the food down the center of the table. Equip everyone with pliers and shrimp forks and let them dig in.
As you can see, crab legs are extremely versatile. It does not matter if you are serving snow crab, king crab or Dungeness crab… they are all extremely delicious no matter how you serve them. Let them shine by their own merit. Get the freshest crab legs you can to enjoy the best flavor.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Baked Fish Recipes December 22, 2013
- Shrimp on the Grill Recipes December 21, 2013
- Fettuccini Carbonara Recipe December 16, 2013
- Baked Salmon Fish Cakes December 15, 2013
- Fish and Rice Bake Recipe December 14, 2013
- Salmon on the Grill Recipes December 13, 2013
- Grilled Salmon with Citrus Sauce December 13, 2013
- Fish and Chips December 7, 2013
- Home (29219 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (16509 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (15861 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (7585 Views)
- Baked Steelhead Trout Recipe (6706 Views)
- Delicious Imitation Crab Salad Sandwich (6377 Views)
- Fried Lobster Tail Recipes (6304 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (5750 Views)
- Succulent Seared Scallops Recipe in a Citrus Sauce (5719 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (5497 Views)