How many kinds of fish recipes can you think of? There are fish soups, fish stews and, of course, fried fish, but don’t forget the ones you might not have cooked yourself like grilled fish steaks, baked fish in aluminum foil packets, steamed fish, poached fish and much more.
Some people stick with the same tried and tested fish recipe all the time; maybe they have deep fried cod once a week or they try to eat two portions of Omega-3 rich fish like salmon every week. There is nothing wrong with making classic fish recipes but do not be afraid to experiment with something new now and then.
Be Adventurous with Fish
If you know that you enjoy deep fried fish, why not try a different type of fish? You know you like the batter, you know you like the side dishes, and you know you like fish. So maybe trying a new variety of fish would add a new twist to this favorite meal.
Perhaps you are looking for budget fish recipes to satisfy a hungry family. Fish isn’t always an economical choice but who says you have to eat lobster or caviar? Frozen fish filets can work out as cheap as chicken and if you add them to a stew or soup nobody will know the fish was frozen. Try basa, tilapia, cod, sole, or another kind of fish. If you want to make stews or soup recipes you can even combine different kinds of fish.
Fun New Seafood Ideas
When is the last time you served soup for dinner? Forget watery consommé-type soups and think about hearty recipes. Thick, chunky soups and robust fish chowder recipes can make wonderful dinner.
Serve a homemade fish soup recipe with crusty bread for dipping and your family will be satisfied after one bowlful. Soup is a great way to finish up vegetables which are past their prime, thawed fish and all kinds of other ingredients you want to use up. There are lots of different choices you can make, depending on what kind of fish you want to use, how long you are prepared to spend on the preparation and cooking and what flavors your family will enjoy.
International Fish Dishes
Some cultures use fish as often as we use chicken or beef. A lot of southeast Asian recipes, for example, feature fish. If you think about it, not only do these countries tend to have extensive coastlines but also their cooking styles are suited to fish and seafood.
Thai flavorings tend to be aromatic and delicate so fish, which has an aromatic and delicate flavor of its own, is the perfect ingredient to use in such a sauce. You can make all kinds of international fish dishes, from light and refreshing ones to thick, heavy ones or even spicy ones flavored with chilies or hot sauce.
Cooking with fish is fun and there are plenty of easy fish recipes that you can choose from. Even if your family tends to be picky about trying new dishes, you are sure to find the perfect fish recipe to satisfy them and leave them begging you for more delicious and easy fish recipes.
There are many different ways to make fish soup. You can make it in a big cauldron, like with old fashioned chowder recipes, or on the stove. You can even make a Hungarian fish soup in a big pot suspended over a fire! Fish is fun to work with and there are many fish recipes that you can make. Whichever kinds of fish you prefer, there are plenty of easy fish recipes that you can explore and have fun preparing, whether you opt for a fish soup recipe, a hearty fish stew, or another kind of delicious and healthy fish recipe.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26708 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22334 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21080 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20202 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17448 Views)