Shrimp is a great ingredient to choose if you want to make tasty recipes for a party, but what is the best thing to do with it? Fortunately shrimp is really versatile, which means you can take your pick from hundreds of great dishes.
Choose from hot, warm, or chilled recipes, crunchy or soft ones, and spicy or aromatic ones. Shrimp pairs well with all kinds of other ingredients to make really spectacular party snacks.
Delicious Crispy Shrimp
If you want to serve hot snacks, what about coating jumbo shrimp in batter or breadcrumbs and deep-frying them? Then you can serve the hot crispy snack with your favorite dipping sauce, such as sweet and sour sauce, tartar sauce, BBQ sauce, or anything else you like. You could even serve a range of dips. Try adding coconut flakes to the batter, to give the shrimp an exotic flavor. You can then serve them with mango or pineapple salsa.
Another idea in the same vein is to wrap the shrimp in bacon. You can then bake, deep-fry or broil this snack to crispy perfection. These are best served piping hot, but can also be served warm or at room temperature.
Delicious Dip Ideas
Shrimp-based dip recipes are popular, and you can combine shrimp with ingredients like cream cheese, sour cream, spinach, grated cheese and more and either make a hot dip or a cold one.
Small crockpots are a godsend for making hot dips because you can add all the ingredients to the crockpot, give the mixture a stir, and then cover and cook for an hour or two on high. This not only warms your shrimp dip, but also encourages the flavors to blend nicely. Switch the crockpot to low or to the keep warm setting, if you have one, and remove the lid. Your dip will stay warm.
For a cold dip, you can use mayonnaise, chopped shrimp (for a finer texture), and your favorite seasonings to create something delicious. Serve the dip with crackers or chips. Another idea is to serve cooked shrimp and provide a creamy or spicy dip for it. Shell and cook the shrimp, but leave the tails on, since these can act as a kind of handle.
Canapés with Seafood
Use melba toast or crackers to make canapés, topping each one with a little mayonnaise or sour cream, and a shelled jumbo shrimp. You could add a thin slice of cucumber or tomato too, or grind some black pepper over the canapés.
These bite-size treats are great as appetizers, and they are also finger food, which means you can leave a tray of canapés out or have someone walking around offering them to the guests. Shrimp canapés always disappear fast because they are so popular.
Other Party Food Ideas
For an international shrimp appetizer, combine your shrimp with satay sauce or a thick curry sauce and wrap this mixture in a small salad leaf, folding or rolling them up like a burrito or eggroll. These shrimp rollups would look very cute and being bite-size means no cutlery or plates are needed.
Very large shrimp can be served plain. Just steam or boil them, remove the shells (leave the tails on for a nice presentation) and serve them alone. You could offer cocktail sauce on the side for anyone who does want to dip. The sky is the limit when it comes to party food with shrimp, so get creative, and see what you can come up with.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81391 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33529 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26777 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22392 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21126 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20305 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17619 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17560 Views)