This is a fabulously easy crab salad recipe that makes the most of imitation crab and fresh celery. Both ingredients are cut into pieces of a similar shape and size. This makes a delightful looking, tasty salad. The finely minced onions add more flavor, but are not very visible. The parsley adds little flecks of color and flavor. Together, you get a very simple salad with hardly any effort on your part.
Serve this delicious crab salad recipe in a simple bowl as we did, or you can set it out on a platter heaped on a bed of lettuce leaves. Use red lettuce to make the salad really stand out. This chunky salad is fun to eat; all the kids will love it. Cutting the celery and the imitation crab on the diagonal adds a distinctive look to this salad that makes it very attractive on the table.
This is a great salad that can be made year round. Celery is available all year, as is imitation crab. The red and green colors could also make this a refreshing holiday salad. It will jazz up your holidays with some light seafood dishes instead of lots of heavy, rich dishes. This simple salad can really be made anytime you feel a craving for an easy crab salad recipe. You can also bring this salad to potlucks, family gatherings, or picnics. It is a versatile salad that fits in with almost any menu.
- 1 (12 ounce) package imitation crab meat, cut on the diagonal
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons onions, finely minced
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 9 ounces chopped raw celery
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Combine the imitation crab, celery, and onions.
- Add in the mayonnaise, parsley, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Let the salad chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
This colorful imitation crab salad is full of crunchy goodness. The celery provides a lot of crunch, while the crab adds color and flavor. This is a great simple salad that you can throw together easily. Let it chill while you work on the rest of the meal. Enjoy it on its own for a light lunch or serve it as a side dish or appetizer. Cutting the crab and the celery on the diagonal adds visual interest and is reminiscent of an Asian style dish. Keep this recipe handy anytime you need something simple.
Leave a Reply
- 4-Herb Baked Salmon Recipe August 26, 2014
- Gourmet Roasted Salmon with Pea Puree August 24, 2014
- Lime and Chili Tilapia Taco Recipe August 19, 2014
- Baked Fish Recipes December 22, 2013
- Shrimp on the Grill Recipes December 21, 2013
- Fettuccini Carbonara Recipe December 16, 2013
- Baked Salmon Fish Cakes December 15, 2013
- Fish and Rice Bake Recipe December 14, 2013
- Home (52207 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (27236 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (18866 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (15891 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (11351 Views)
- Fried Lobster Tail Recipes (9938 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (9655 Views)
- Baked Steelhead Trout Recipe (8834 Views)
- Succulent Seared Scallops Recipe in a Citrus Sauce (8497 Views)
- Delicious Imitation Crab Salad Sandwich (8475 Views)
- How to Make the Very Best Salmon RecipesAugust 20, 2014
- Great Cooking Tips for Succulent Salmon RecipesAugust 20, 2014
- Why Homemade Shrimp Recipes are Wonderfully UniqueAugust 16, 2014
- Recipe PublishingJuly 14, 2014
- CrabJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab SaladJanuary 28, 2014
- Cold Crab SaladJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab RecipesJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab ArticlesJanuary 28, 2014
- How Should I Serve Shrimp at a Party?October 31, 2013