This is a fabulously easy crab salad recipe that makes the most of imitation crab and fresh celery. Both ingredients are cut into pieces of a similar shape and size. This makes a delightful looking, tasty salad. The finely minced onions add more flavor, but are not very visible. The parsley adds little flecks of color and flavor. Together, you get a very simple salad with hardly any effort on your part.
Serve this delicious crab salad recipe in a simple bowl as we did, or you can set it out on a platter heaped on a bed of lettuce leaves. Use red lettuce to make the salad really stand out. This chunky salad is fun to eat; all the kids will love it. Cutting the celery and the imitation crab on the diagonal adds a distinctive look to this salad that makes it very attractive on the table.
This is a great salad that can be made year round. Celery is available all year, as is imitation crab. The red and green colors could also make this a refreshing holiday salad. It will jazz up your holidays with some light seafood dishes instead of lots of heavy, rich dishes. This simple salad can really be made anytime you feel a craving for an easy crab salad recipe. You can also bring this salad to potlucks, family gatherings, or picnics. It is a versatile salad that fits in with almost any menu.
- 1 (12 ounce) package imitation crab meat, cut on the diagonal
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons onions, finely minced
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 9 ounces chopped raw celery
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Combine the imitation crab, celery, and onions.
- Add in the mayonnaise, parsley, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Let the salad chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
This colorful imitation crab salad is full of crunchy goodness. The celery provides a lot of crunch, while the crab adds color and flavor. This is a great simple salad that you can throw together easily. Let it chill while you work on the rest of the meal. Enjoy it on its own for a light lunch or serve it as a side dish or appetizer. Cutting the crab and the celery on the diagonal adds visual interest and is reminiscent of an Asian style dish. Keep this recipe handy anytime you need something simple.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Cheddar and Leek Fisherman’s Pie September 24, 2015
- Argentinian Style Scallops with Chimichurri September 23, 2015
- Asian Scallop and Shrimp Kabobs July 18, 2015
- Seabass Carpaccio Salad with Crispy Garlic July 12, 2015
- Golden Brown Scallop Gratin July 11, 2015
- 5 Shrimp Pasta Dishes You Must Try July 3, 2015
- Shrimp and Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells July 3, 2015
- Crispy Crab and Shrimp Wontons June 29, 2015
- Coronation Shrimp Vol-au-Vents June 28, 2015
- Buttery Seared Scallops in Prosecco June 23, 2015
- Warm Creole Crawfish Dip June 22, 2015
- Simple Kid-Friendly Salmon June 21, 2015
- Home (78862 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (32996 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (25333 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (20970 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (20508 Views)
- Fish and Chips (17784 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (16747 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (14762 Views)