This is a very easy imitation crab meat salad. This recipe makes a delicious lunch or appetizer for two people. For appetizers, just put a little spoonful onto a cracker or baguette slice. You can make this salad in minutes and serve it for guests or family; take it to the local potluck or take it as a gift meal to a friend recovering from a hospital stay or who has a new baby. Everyone will love this refreshing crab meat salad.
The lime juice gives an interesting tang to the dish and contrasts well with the creamy mayonnaise. The tomatoes add flavor as well as color and the celery adds a great crunch to the crab meat salad recipe. This imitation crab salad recipe is ideal if you are in a hurry but still fancy something tasty. This is a recipe that will soon become a family favorite; it is delicious and easy on the budget. While real crab may be a rather spendy proposition at times, imitation crab is usually very affordable.
If you have never made a crab salad, recipe or imitation crab salad recipe before, this is a great recipe to start with because it is so simple. It really is as easy as mixing a few ingredients together and you are done. As long as you have the ingredients on hand, you can whip this up for a quick lunch when your mother or best friend drops by unexpectedly. They will love this tasty, colorful crab meat salad.
- 8 imitation crab meat sticks
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ lettuce
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 chives, sliced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a salad plate.
- Stir the lime juice, salt and pepper into the mayonnaise.
- Rough chop each imitation crab meat stick into pieces and combine them with the tomatoes, onion, celery, lime, and mayonnaise.
- Spoon this mixture over the lettuce and sprinkle the chopped chives over the top.
Doesn’t this imitation crab meat salad look good? Look at all that color! Red, white, and green combine to make a very appetizing salad that everyone will love. The creamy dressing complements the salad and brings all the flavors together. The crunchy celery and onions add a nice contrast to the tender imitation crab meat and juicy tomatoes. Serve on fresh lettuce leaves to set off the salad and add more vegetables to the mix. This is a great crab meat salad to serve for at a luncheon or a potluck.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26704 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22331 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17440 Views)