This is a great cold crab salad that you can quickly toss together. Let it chill and before you know it you have a great recipe that can be served anytime. This colorful crab salad can be made with either real crab or imitation crab. While they will taste slightly different depending on your choice, both versions are very good. Fresh crab is delightful in season; if you want this salad on a budget, try the imitation version. It tastes great, too.
Serve this delicious cold crab salad as an appetizer in small cups or on lettuce leaves, as a light lunch or as a side dish at dinner. It is perfect for potlucks, picnics and get togethers. This is a wonderful salad to make for a crowd since it is so simple. This versatile crab salad recipe will fast become a favorite. You can toss it together in minutes, and then just let it chill. This frees you up to work on other dishes, get ready for a party, or attend to other details.
All the ingredients are readily available year round, so go ahead and make this refreshing salad for holiday meals, informal gatherings or fancy parties. It is suitable for any situation. If you do not care for bell pepper, you can replace it with a yellow tomato to get the same color combinations. The eye appeal of this salad is enormous. No one will be able to resist trying it when it looks so good.
- ½ yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 ounces crab meat or imitation crab meat, flaked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup celery, finely sliced
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine bell pepper, onion, celery, tomato, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Add crab or imitation crab. Toss gently.
- Chill the salad for at least an hour before serving.
Doesn’t this colorful crab salad look delicious? It is easy, too! Whenever you want a cold crab salad, this is a simple recipe to make that is also inexpensive. Take imitation crab (or real crab if you have it) and mix it with celery, bell pepper, and tomato. A light mayonnaise dressing goes over the top and before you know it, you can eat. Serve it by the scoop or the plateful. The colorful combination looks delicious and will go over big with everyone. This is a salad you can be proud of.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
One Response to Simple Cold Crab Salad
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81335 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33505 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26704 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22331 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21077 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17436 Views)