Imitation crab meat is a wonderful foundation for a seafood salad. It is sweet, tender, and versatile. We used imitation crab meat to make our Surimi Salad (surimi means imitation crab). It is colorful, flavorful, and easy to use. This is a great crab meat salad that you can serve with pride. It takes only minutes to make, but you want to chill it before serving. When you present this salad to your family, you will have something to be proud of.
Serve this delicious crab meat salad for an appetizer, for a full lunch or a side dish at dinner. It could be a whole dinner if you want a light meal in the evening. Serve it up with some bread sticks or crusty bread for a more filling meal. Buttery crackers also complement this salad very well.
The creamy dressing really helps pull all the ingredients of this salad together. Taking time in the fridge to chill allows the dressing to gather all the flavors of the ingredients together, making the entire salad into a delicious dish. You can also pile this on some sturdy bread and make a sandwich out of it. For appetizers, put a small spoonful on crackers or crostini bread. Your guests will love it. It is wonderful when you can use a recipe that is as versatile as this one is. Feel free to substitute ingredients as needed. Of course, you can make this salad with real lump crab meat as well.
- 1-½ pound package surimi (imitation crab)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup celery stalks, sliced
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Juice from 1 small lemon (1-2 Tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- Hand knead the surimi in a bowl until all the large pieces are broken down into small chunks and shreds. Set aside.
- Mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, onions, celery, tomatoes, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Add the surimi and toss well.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour to let the flavors blend.
- This salad can also be made the day before.
- Serve chilled on a bed of greens.
This creamy Surimi Salad is a wonderful way to enjoy seafood. Surimi is imitation crab. Does it not look delicious in the photo? Large chunks and smaller shreds make this salad interesting visually. It is a beautiful crab salad of red, white, and green. The creamy sauce helps bring all the flavors together. Serve it on top of a bed of fresh lettuce leaves to really show it off. This simple imitation crab meat salad can be put together in minutes. Be sure to allow time for the salad to chill so the flavors blend nicely.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (80509 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33278 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (25980 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (21746 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (20800 Views)
- Fish and Chips (18794 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17233 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (16067 Views)
- HomeMay 21, 2016
- Recipe PublishingFebruary 23, 2016
- Types of SeafoodJanuary 28, 2016
- The Life Cycle of a SalmonJanuary 27, 2016
- Why Buy Seafood Online?January 27, 2016
- Ways You Can Smoke Fish on Your OwnJanuary 27, 2016
- Some Helpful Tips for Working with Frozen ShrimpJanuary 26, 2016
- Shellfish 101 and Unusual Seafood Cooking MethodsJanuary 26, 2016