Imitation crab meat is a wonderful foundation for a seafood salad. It is sweet, tender, and versatile. We used imitation crab meat to make our Surimi Salad (surimi means imitation crab). It is colorful, flavorful, and easy to use. This is a great crab meat salad that you can serve with pride. It takes only minutes to make, but you want to chill it before serving. When you present this salad to your family, you will have something to be proud of.
Serve this delicious crab meat salad for an appetizer, for a full lunch or a side dish at dinner. It could be a whole dinner if you want a light meal in the evening. Serve it up with some bread sticks or crusty bread for a more filling meal. Buttery crackers also complement this salad very well.
The creamy dressing really helps pull all the ingredients of this salad together. Taking time in the fridge to chill allows the dressing to gather all the flavors of the ingredients together, making the entire salad into a delicious dish. You can also pile this on some sturdy bread and make a sandwich out of it. For appetizers, put a small spoonful on crackers or crostini bread. Your guests will love it. It is wonderful when you can use a recipe that is as versatile as this one is. Feel free to substitute ingredients as needed. Of course, you can make this salad with real lump crab meat as well.
- 1-½ pound package surimi (imitation crab)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup celery stalks, sliced
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Juice from 1 small lemon (1-2 Tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- Hand knead the surimi in a bowl until all the large pieces are broken down into small chunks and shreds. Set aside.
- Mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, onions, celery, tomatoes, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Add the surimi and toss well.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour to let the flavors blend.
- This salad can also be made the day before.
- Serve chilled on a bed of greens.
This creamy Surimi Salad is a wonderful way to enjoy seafood. Surimi is imitation crab. Does it not look delicious in the photo? Large chunks and smaller shreds make this salad interesting visually. It is a beautiful crab salad of red, white, and green. The creamy sauce helps bring all the flavors together. Serve it on top of a bed of fresh lettuce leaves to really show it off. This simple imitation crab meat salad can be put together in minutes. Be sure to allow time for the salad to chill so the flavors blend nicely.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Steamed Mussels with Bacon and Cider February 9, 2016
- Crispy Haddock Burgers February 2, 2016
- Better than Takeout Fried Rice with Shrimp January 29, 2016
- Chili-Cayenne Grilled Shrimp January 25, 2016
- Trio of Seafood Pizza with Dill January 21, 2016
- How to Cook King Mackerel Steaks January 18, 2016
- Grilled Rosemary Scallop Skewers January 12, 2016
- Easy Lobster Tail and Shrimp Salad January 7, 2016
- Salmon and Wild Rice with Red Wine Sauce January 4, 2016
- Smoked Salmon Salad with Ravigote Sauce December 31, 2015
- Crockpot Creole Shrimp December 28, 2015
- Squid Ink Pasta with Mussels and Shrimp December 26, 2015
- Home (79486 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33104 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (25541 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (21248 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (20616 Views)
- Fish and Chips (18133 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (16950 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (15040 Views)
- Types of SeafoodJanuary 28, 2016
- The Life Cycle of a SalmonJanuary 27, 2016
- Why Buy Seafood Online?January 27, 2016
- Ways You Can Smoke Fish on Your OwnJanuary 27, 2016
- Some Helpful Tips for Working with Frozen ShrimpJanuary 26, 2016
- Shellfish 101 and Unusual Seafood Cooking MethodsJanuary 26, 2016
- Oyster Facts and More Facts About OysterJanuary 25, 2016
- Learn How to Fry Shrimp Like the ProsJanuary 25, 2016