Imitation crab meat is a wonderful foundation for a seafood salad. It is sweet, tender, and versatile. We used imitation crab meat to make our Surimi Salad (surimi means imitation crab). It is colorful, flavorful, and easy to use. This is a great crab meat salad that you can serve with pride. It takes only minutes to make, but you want to chill it before serving. When you present this salad to your family, you will have something to be proud of.
Serve this delicious crab meat salad for an appetizer, for a full lunch or a side dish at dinner. It could be a whole dinner if you want a light meal in the evening. Serve it up with some bread sticks or crusty bread for a more filling meal. Buttery crackers also complement this salad very well.
The creamy dressing really helps pull all the ingredients of this salad together. Taking time in the fridge to chill allows the dressing to gather all the flavors of the ingredients together, making the entire salad into a delicious dish. You can also pile this on some sturdy bread and make a sandwich out of it. For appetizers, put a small spoonful on crackers or crostini bread. Your guests will love it. It is wonderful when you can use a recipe that is as versatile as this one is. Feel free to substitute ingredients as needed. Of course, you can make this salad with real lump crab meat as well.
- 1-½ pound package surimi (imitation crab)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup celery stalks, sliced
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- Juice from 1 small lemon (1-2 Tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- Hand knead the surimi in a bowl until all the large pieces are broken down into small chunks and shreds. Set aside.
- Mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, onions, celery, tomatoes, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Add the surimi and toss well.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour to let the flavors blend.
- This salad can also be made the day before.
- Serve chilled on a bed of greens.
This creamy Surimi Salad is a wonderful way to enjoy seafood. Surimi is imitation crab. Does it not look delicious in the photo? Large chunks and smaller shreds make this salad interesting visually. It is a beautiful crab salad of red, white, and green. The creamy sauce helps bring all the flavors together. Serve it on top of a bed of fresh lettuce leaves to really show it off. This simple imitation crab meat salad can be put together in minutes. Be sure to allow time for the salad to chill so the flavors blend nicely.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe with Penne November 22, 2014
- Shrimp Scampi with Pasta Recipe November 20, 2014
- Shrimp Fried Rice Chinese Style November 18, 2014
- Diabetic-Friendly Shrimp Stir Fry November 17, 2014
- Herby Salmon Casserole with Sour Cream November 7, 2014
- Poached Salmon with Dill Horseradish Sauce November 5, 2014
- Salmon Patties in a Lemon Cheese Sauce November 2, 2014
- Simple Baked Mexican Fish Filets October 26, 2014
- Home (53520 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (27431 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (19018 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (16277 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (11583 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (10499 Views)
- Fried Lobster Tail Recipes (10065 Views)
- Baked Steelhead Trout Recipe (9080 Views)
- Succulent Seared Scallops Recipe in a Citrus Sauce (8633 Views)
- Delicious Imitation Crab Salad Sandwich (8626 Views)
- The Life Cycle of a SalmonNovember 1, 2014
- The Life-Cycle of a CrawfishOctober 22, 2014
- Shrimp Glossary of Cooking Terms - Shrimp Cooking A - ZOctober 21, 2014
- A Brief History of Shrimp and Shrimp RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- A Closer Look at Shrimp RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- A Complete Guide to Cooking Crab LegsOctober 21, 2014
- A Delicious Guide to the History of Fish RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- All About Calamari - How to Cook CalamariOctober 21, 2014
- An Introduction to Easy Fish RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- Crab Cooking TipsOctober 21, 2014