Crab cakes are often served with lemon wedges, tartar sauce, or just by themselves, but in the following recipe the crab cakes are served on a bed of salad leaves with some chili sauce. The crab cakes themselves are spiced up with chili sauce in the actual crab cake mixture, and they are also flavored with cilantro. The finished crab cakes are served with salad leaves which contrast nicely with the spicy flavor in the crab cakes, along with some extra chili sauce. Serve the extra sauce on the side to people can spice their own meal up as much as they want.
This crab cake salad makes an indulgent lunch or a flavorful appetizer. You can even serve it for dinner if you fancy something lighter than usual. Homemade crab cakes are so much nicer than anything you can buy readymade from the store. These crab cakes are really flavorful and adding a tasty mixed leaf salad to go with them offers a nutritious meal which is good for you as well as flavorful.
If you are not keen on the spicy element then of course you can omit the chili sauce from the recipe and offer something like a lemon mayonnaise on the side instead, or even classic tartar sauce.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lb cooked crabmeat
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 6 minced green onions
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce, plus extra to serve
- Mix the crabmeat with the panko breadcrumbs, milk, cilantro, green onions, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and 2 teaspoons of the chili sauce.
- Moisten your hands with water, and then form the crab mixture into 8 cakes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Lightly coat each crab cake on both sides with flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Cook the crab cakes until they are golden brown and crispy.
- This will take about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve the crab cakes on a bed of mixed greens with extra chili sauce.
Crab cakes are always good and homemade crab cakes are the best. This crab cake salad recipe shows you how to make a wonderful-tasting snack or meal, using aromatic and spicy ingredients to bring out the flavor of your seafood. Choose your favorite salad greens to serve with the crab cakes. A combination of lettuce colors usually looks good, as you can see from the picture, and salad greens add freshness and a vibrant color to this fantastic crab cake salad recipe. These crab cakes are pan-fried so you can keep an eye on them and see when they are ready to serve.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81335 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26704 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22331 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17438 Views)