This warm imitation crab salad is delicious. The rice and crabmeat form the base of this crab salad recipe. It is both filling and refreshing. The crab makes it extra special with that flavor of the sea. Imitation crab also adds color and textural interest to the rice. This colorful salad makes quite an impression when you set it on the table.
You can use fresh peas from the garden or frozen peas, whichever is most convenient. The peas add more color and texture. The leeks add a lot of flavor to the salad. Making omelet strips not only adds color and flavor, it creates a unique look to this salad as the strips of egg mix in with the rice. The sundried tomatoes add an intense flavor. The combination of all these ingredients adds up to a spectacular salad. Feel free to substitute ingredients as needed according to your circumstances.
Enjoy this delicious imitation crab salad as a colorful appetizer or as a side dish or main course. There are many ways to serve it. Pair it up with a sandwich or cup of soup. You could also enjoy it with crisp crackers or a slice of crusty bread. Serve it with a grilled steak for a complete evening meal. You can show it off by serving it upon a bed of fresh greens. Sprinkle the top with chopped herbs if you wish. This is a great recipe for traveling. Take it to a family gathering or a picnic.
- 1-½ cups long grain rice
- 11 ounces imitation crab meat
- 2 eggs
- 1-¾ cups peas, shelled
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley or 1 Tablespoon fresh
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and diced
- ½ teaspoon dried basil or 1 Tablespoon fresh
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook the rice in salted, boiling water until tender.
- This should take about 18 minutes.
- Drain the rice and rinse it with water.
- Drain again.
- Transfer the rice to a salad bowl and stir in some black pepper and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil in a skillet and add the leeks.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas and some salt.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until tender, over a medium heat.
- Beat the eggs with some salt and heat the rest of the oil in another skillet.
- Add the eggs and tilt the pan to spread them evenly over the base of the pan. Cook until the underside has set.
- Flip the omelet and cook until both sides have set, then tip it out and cut it into strips.
- Chop the imitation crab and stir it into the rice with the omelet strips, sun dried tomatoes, herbs, peas, and leeks.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve warm.
This warm crab salad has a rice base and also features veggies, omelet strips and more, so you can enjoy the combination of all these wonderful flavors in every mouthful. This salad is hearty and filling and you can serve it for lunch or for your evening meal. Feel free to add any other chopped veggies you like to the mix. Corn, mushrooms and bell peppers would also work with this, and you can stir in some mayonnaise or creamy dressing to make it even richer. This is a great recipe to adapt and you can make it your own.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Crispy Crab and Shrimp Wontons June 29, 2015
- Coronation Shrimp Vol-au-Vents June 28, 2015
- Buttery Seared Scallops in Prosecco June 23, 2015
- Warm Creole Crawfish Dip June 22, 2015
- Simple Kid-Friendly Salmon June 21, 2015
- Buttery Grilled Catfish with Garlic June 14, 2015
- Traditional English Haddock and Chips June 13, 2015
- Shrimp Spaghetti with Fresh Mussels June 7, 2015
- Salmon Burgers with Homemade Tzatziki June 5, 2015
- Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe with Penne November 22, 2014
- Shrimp Scampi with Pasta Recipe November 20, 2014
- Shrimp Fried Rice Chinese Style November 18, 2014
- Home (73005 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (32893 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (25025 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (20543 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (20367 Views)
- Fish and Chips (16741 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (16520 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (14455 Views)
- HomeJune 15, 2015
- MusselsJune 3, 2015
- Common Seafood SeasoningsJanuary 16, 2015
- The Life Cycle of a SalmonNovember 1, 2014
- The Life-Cycle of a CrawfishOctober 22, 2014
- Shrimp Glossary of Cooking Terms - Shrimp Cooking A - ZOctober 21, 2014
- A Brief History of Shrimp and Shrimp RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- A Closer Look at Shrimp RecipesOctober 21, 2014