This simple yet delicious cod recipe combines baked cod, black beans, and sautéed celery for an unusual dish. The black bean mixture combines garlic, onion and cayenne pepper, as well as the black beans themselves, and the resulting mixture is gently spiced and totally delicious. The cod has a parmesan, garlic, and breadcrumb coating which gives the succulent fish some crunch.
The celery topping is partly for added crunch, partly for extra flavor and partly for garnish. Keep the leaves off the top of the celery because you can decorate the baked cod recipe with those. You might not want to eat them but they look nice.
Cod is one of the most versatile fish. It is mild enough to dress up with any sauce, seasonings, herbs, or spices you like. It also works with bold sauces and you can use it in spicy fish recipes because the flavor will stand up to the other ingredients. You can also use cod in plainer dishes, perhaps adding salt, pepper and a little lemon juice for flavor. Cod is one of the most popular kinds of fish ever and it is really good in the following recipe, where it is baked to perfection.
- 1 lb cod filet
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 16 oz canned black beans
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 small chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 stalks celery, in ¼ inch pieces, plus the leaves
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the fish into 4 equal pieces.
- Stir the lemon juice into the butter. Dip the fish into the lemon butter and arrange it in a greased glass baking dish.
- Pour the rest of the lemon butter over it and sprinkle on some paprika.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, paprika, half the garlic, and the parmesan and sprinkle this over the fish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cod is done.
- Combine the beans with the garlic and onion in a pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and then turn the heat down and season with cayenne pepper and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sauté the celery with the remaining garlic in the oil for a few minutes until it is crisp-tender.
- Serve the cod on top of the black bean mixture.
- Garnish with the warm celery and the leaves from the celery sticks.
You can see how the vivid green, orange, white, and reddish brown colors in this baked cod recipe photo all look nice together. Colorful food is always really appetizing and the reason for this is how the bright colors give the food a “fresh” look. This healthy baked cod recipe is one of our most easy fish recipes because you can make the three different components of the dish – the fish, the celery, and the black bean mixture – separately. This impressive and nutritious fish recipe is sure to win your family’s hearts at dinnertime. It looks and tastes great.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26706 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22334 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17442 Views)