One of the Best Baked Fish Sandwich Recipes
This is the perfect baked fish sandwich recipe for any occasion and makes a quick and easy light lunch for the whole family. You can have a low calorie, low fat baked fish sandwich for lunch instead of a hamburger and other greasy, fatty foods. This is the perfect recipe for anyone on a diet. Make your own baked fish sandwich with this awesome recipe.
Baked Fish Sandwich
It is lunch time and you need to eat. You do not want something to heavy, as this will make you want to curl up and go to sleep. You have several choices to choose from but none are to appealing. Why not have a baked fish sandwich for lunch?
Fish is very good for you because it has Omega 3 fatty acids which helps your heart and other organs. It is also loaded with protein, vitamins, and nutrients and what is even more exciting is that it is low in fat, carbohydrates, and cholesterol.
Just about any fish will make a great fish for a sandwich. Toast some whole-wheat hamburger buns and pile on the lettuce, fresh sliced tomato, and some sliced red onion, add the baked fish then the top bun and sink your teeth into an ecstasy of flavor!
A colorful shredded cabbage slaw made with heart healthy mayonnaise would make a very tasty side salad. If you are dieting or just want to watch what you eat, you cannot go wrong with this baked fish sandwich..
Do You like Fish Sandwiches?
- 1 lb fish filets
- 2 tablespoons Ranch dressing
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the fish filets in a shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with garlic, and then squeeze lemon juice over them.
- Add pieces of butter and bake for 18 minutes or until the fish flakes.
- Spread steak sauce over the cut side of the bun bottoms, then top with the hot fish.
- Drizzle the ranch dressing over the fish, replace the bun tops and serve.
Photo Credit: Blackened Fish Sandwich by ilovememphis, on Flickr
Fish Without a Doubt: The Cook’s Essential Companion
by Rick Moonen and Roy Finamore
Choose this top-rated fish cookbook if you want to know more about cooking fish and seafood. It covers pretty much everything you will ever need to know about the topic. This hefty book features descriptive, clear recipes and the book covers selecting and preparing your fish, as well as the actual recipes themselves. Discover how to shuck oysters, clean squid, devein shrimp and filet a round fish like a pro. Learn how to tell when fish is cooked, and find out more about different fish cooking techniques like poaching, boiling, frying, baking and steaming. The recipes include appetizers, soups, salads, fish burgers, relishes and sauces for fish, pasta and rice dishes with fish or seafood, and more. This in-depth compendium is a fabulous resource for anyone who wants to delve into the world of fish and seafood, and learn how to make the best recipes using the fruits of the sea.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26706 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22334 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20198 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17442 Views)