Although pan-frying is a popular cooking method for flounder because of its thinness, oven-baking also works. The fish filets are very thin so they will be done in five to seven minutes. This is a great recipe to satisfy a hungry family, not only because it is so quick to prepare but also because the flounder has a beautiful flavor. The lemon, garlic, soy sauce and other ingredients all work in harmony to give a sweet yet savory result. The sauce is subtle enough not to overpower the delicate flavor of the flounder filets.
Serve this delicious baked flounder recipe with your favorite kind of salad. Perhaps you fancy a mixed leaf salad, potato salad or you can even toss together your favorite salad ingredients to make a delicious and satisfying side dish. Grated carrot, baby spinach leaves, pineapple chunks, finely chopped cabbage, raisins, green onions, grated cheese, boiled egg and croutons are just some of the ingredients you can combine for a mouthwatering salad.
When buying flounder, check for moist skin and bright full eyes. If you are cooking small flounder, you just need to dry them, dust the fish with seasoned flour, and pan-fry them in half butter and half olive oil. When the first side is crispy, flip them over, and cook the other side. If you have larger fish or filets, the following recipe is really tasty.
- 4 skinned flounder filets, 6 oz each
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 lemon wedges or slices, for garnish
- 4 portions salad (any kind), to serve
- Put a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease a baking dish big enough to hold the filets in a single layer.
- Arrange the flounder in the dish.
- Stir the lemon juice, garlic, salt, sugar, and soy sauce together.
- Whisk in the oil until the mixture is blended.
- Pour it over the flounder.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Garnish with lemon wedges or slices, and serve with your favorite salad.
This juicy, succulent flounder filet is simple to prepare yet the flavor is great. You can see from the picture how serving it with a lemon slice and some fresh salad leaves gives it an appetizing appearance, although you are free to serve any side dish you like with this baked fish recipe. If you have made other baked fish recipes in the past, perhaps you want to make one of your favorite side dishes, something you know the family likes. Flounder is easy to work with and there are various ways you can cook it, although oven-baking has to be one of the most simple.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81335 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26704 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22331 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17438 Views)