This is a baked rainbow trout recipe that you make in foil in your oven. You can just put all the ingredients with the filets in your oven wrapped in foil for a juicy, flaky fish recipe that you will all love. This is an easy way to cook rainbow trout for the whole family. Wrap your filets in foil for a quick and easy dinner.
Baked rainbow trout recipes are perfect for low calorie meals. Diner in a jiffy is possible with this Baked Rainbow Trout Recipe. In fact, it is so super quick and easy you will wonder why you never did this before! So, you have had a really demanding day at work. All you really want to do is take a long, much needed, stress-relieving soak in the Jacuzzi! Well, with this dish you will have dinner ready fast and still have plenty of time for that much needed soak.
This recipe is so easy to make your children could make it, but because the oven is used you will not want them to. Creating a pocket with foil keeps the seasoned fish moist. For an even quicker simple meal and far easier clean up, try adding your vegetables to the same pocket your fillet is in for even more connivance. The vegetables enhance the flavor of the trout.
You will however need a different pan for the desert! For a spectacular desert to equally compliment an excellent cook serve a homemade fruit tart with a dollop of whipped cream and a fresh mint candy garnish.
What’s Your Favorite Trout to Eat?
- 2 rainbow trout filets
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 sliced jalapeno chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 sliced lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the olive oil over the filets, and season with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Place each filet on a sheet of aluminum foil and top with the chili slices, then squeeze the lemon juice from the lemon ends on top of the fish.
- Arrange the lemon slices on top of the fish.
- Seal all the edges of the foil to make enclosed packets and put the packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filets.
Photo Credit: Rainbow Trout by Girl Interrupted Eating, on Flickr
Rainbow trout is one of the most delicious fish you can eat, and it is packed with those healthy fats we should all be getting more of. Enclosing it in foil means you are sealing in the delicious flavors of the seasonings, as well as ensuring the moisture does not escape. The photo shows the appeal of this fish, and you can see how it will look when you peel back the foil and see your wonderful fish, all ready to be served up with your choice of side dishes. Possible sides include rice or sautéed potatoes, as well as a vegetable, so maybe broccoli or peas.
Fish Without a Doubt: The Cook’s Essential Companion
by Rick Moonen and Roy Finamore
Choose this top-rated fish cookbook if you want to know more about cooking fish and seafood. It covers pretty much everything you will ever need to know about the topic. This hefty book features descriptive, clear recipes and the book covers selecting and preparing your fish, as well as the actual recipes themselves. Discover how to shuck oysters, clean squid, devein shrimp and filet a round fish like a pro. Learn how to tell when fish is cooked, and find out more about different fish cooking techniques like poaching, boiling, frying, baking and steaming. The recipes include appetizers, soups, salads, fish burgers, relishes and sauces for fish, pasta and rice dishes with fish or seafood, and more. This in-depth compendium is a fabulous resource for anyone who wants to delve into the world of fish and seafood, and learn how to make the best recipes using the fruits of the sea.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26706 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22334 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17440 Views)