Former Easy Fish Recipe Featured Recipe
This wonderful recipe combines crispy baked fish with an interesting bean salad recipe. There are some side dishes which often seem to make an appearance whenever fried or baked fish is served and those include onion rings, fries, mushrooms, peas, or a green salad. There is nothing wrong with serving classic favorites but sometimes it is nice to make something a little different and that is why the following recipe for parmesan-crusted halibut and bean salad is so great.
The fish is dipped in a milk and egg mixture and then in flour which has been flavored with paprika and parmesan. This gives it a nice crunchy outside as well as plenty of flavor. The fish is baked in a very hot oven until it is opaque. Make sure you do not overcook the fish or it will go dry.
The bean salad can be make the day before you need it. You could make it just before you need it but, for better blended flavors, make it in advance. You can use any kind of beans for this, as well as red onion, sun-dried tomatoes and some other flavorful seasonings.
- 2 halibut steaks
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- 20 oz canned beans (maybe black-eyed, kidney, lima or garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ¾ tablespoon white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- ¼ finely sliced red onion
- First make the bean salad. Drain the tomatoes but keep 1 ½ tablespoons of the oil.
- Chop the tomatoes and add them to the beans, basil, and red onions.
- Toss the mixture lightly.
- Combine the sugar, mustard, salt, pepper, and vinegar and whisk in the reserved tomato oil to make a vinaigrette.
- Pour this over the bean salad and toss it.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour or preferably overnight.
- Let the bean salad warm up to room temperature while you prepare the fish.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Coat a baking dish with oil.
- Rinse and dry the fish.
- Combine the flour, cheese, paprika, salt and pepper in one bowl and beat the milk and egg in another bowl.
- Dip the fish into the egg mixture and then coat it with the parmesan mixture.
- Bake the fish for 15 minutes or until it is opaque. Divide the bean salad between two plates and top it with the fish.
- Decorate with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
This easy halibut recipe makes a beautiful dinner. Even though the bean salad is simply a question of stirring the ingredients together and the fish is similarly easy to prepare, this recipe is sure to impress and satisfy. The crunchy parmesan coating on the fish gives it a gourmet flavor and the simple cheese-flavored fish contrasts well with the tasty mixed bean salad. Fish is a great meal choice because it is rich in protein and nutrients and baking it means you get all the flavor of fried fish without the extra calories or fat frying would entail.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81334 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33505 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26699 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22326 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21076 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20183 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17523 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17428 Views)