This exciting baked fish recipe features haddock and lobster. The haddock filets are flavored with parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, paprika, and they bake until they are juicy and delicious.
The lobster risotto contains paprika, to echo the flavor in the fish coating, as well as garlic, shallots, green beans and, of course, lobster. You will need a pair of large lobster tails for this recipe. Simply cut the lobster meat into bite-size pieces and add it to the risotto sauce. When the lobster meat is opaque, it is done. Cooked in this way, lobster only takes a couple of minutes.
This simple recipe is made in two parts. The fish is prepared and baked in the oven and the risotto is prepared on the stove. The risotto sauce is made separately so you will need to keep an eye on the risotto rice while you make the sauce; do not let it dry out. You are supposed to stir risotto continually as it cooks but you can let it cook for a few minutes without stirring (while you are busy with the sauce) without making much of a difference to the outcome.
- 6 haddock filets, 6 oz each
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ½ cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup milk
- Watercress or baby salad leaves, for garnish
- Melted butter, as needed
- 2 lobster tails, cut into chunks
- 2 minced shallots
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- ½ small can corn kernels, drained
- Small handful green beans
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 large container broth or stock
- ½ tablespoon ground chipotle chili powder
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ stick butter
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 12 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Stir the salt and milk together in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, parmesan and paprika in another.
- Dip the fish into the milk mixture and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the filets in the prepared baking dish and drizzle some melted butter over them.
- Bake for about half an hour, depending on the thickness of the fish. It is ready when it flakes easily.
- Make the risotto while the fish is cooking.
- Heat ¼ cup of olive oil in a pot over a moderate heat, then sauté half the shallots for 3 minutes.
- Add ½ the garlic and stir well. Add the rice and stir until it is evenly coated with oil.
- When the rice is golden, turn the heat down, and add the paprika and a cup of broth or stock.
- Stir well and add a little salt.
- Keep adding the broth, a cup at a time, waiting until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid before each addition.
- Stir the risotto all the time, using a wooden spoon.
- The risotto will take about half an hour to cook so, 10 minutes before the end, it is time to prepare the risotto sauce.
- Add some butter and olive oil to a sauté pan and sauté the remaining shallots for 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the garlic and stir. Add the chipotle and stir.
- Add the beans and lobster and let everything cook through.
- Stir in the corn kernels and cream and mix well.
- Combine the rice mixture with the lobster sauce and season to taste if necessary.
- Divide the lobster risotto between 6 serving plates, and top each one with a haddock filet.
- Garnish with watercress or baby salad leaves.
This amazing recipe might look like a complex dish but it is much simpler to make than you might think. This is one of our easy fish recipes with lobster and the homemade lobster risotto is just as delicious as the crispy parmesan haddock which sits on top of it. Garnish the dish with a handful of watercress or baby salad leaves and you have an exotic and delicious meal which is sure to impress even the most jaded dinner guests. This Italian-influenced haddock recipe uses a range of mouthwatering flavors to produce something truly exciting and mouthwatering.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81342 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33513 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26720 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22342 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21088 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20216 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17535 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17472 Views)