The most complicated dishes are not always the best ones, contrary to popular belief, and sometimes you can combine fish or meat with some fresh herbs and a little oil and have the most amazing meal, just by doing that. Of course, you will still need to think about side dishes but the meal itself could not be more easy. If you are wondering how to make easy fish recipes, the following dish shows you a great example of one. If you like salmon, you will enjoy this recipe because the herbs just add a delicate flavor; the taste of the fish shines through clearly.
Baked salmon is simple to master, whether you bake it as it is, coat it in herbs or breadcrumbs or do something else to it. Recipes for baked salmon tend to use similar directions and nearly the same cooking temperature, so when you have mastered one baked salmon recipe, you will not find anything too challenging about the others. You will need salmon filets, herbs and spray oil to make this recipe. Choose any herbs you fancy – you are not limited to the chives and parsley suggested in the recipe. Chervil, rosemary, and dill also work well with salmon. You can use fresh or dried herbs.
For a crunchier exterior, combine the herbs with some fine breadcrumbs (use whole wheat or multigrain bread for maximum flavor) and stick the herby breadcrumbs on the outside of the salmon. The salmon in the following quick herb crusted salmon recipe is cooked in its skin so it holds together better, but you can peel the skin off first if you like, or just apply the herbs on one side and peel the skin off when the salmon is cooked. Obviously you should serve it herb crust side up, so it looks more appealing.
- 1 ¾ lbs salmon filets, with skin on
- ⅔ cup finely chopped chives
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and use baking paper to line a baking tray.
- Combine the chives, parsley, and breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Spray the oil all over the fish.
- Season the salmon filets on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Press the herbs all over the fish.
- Put the salmon on to the baking tray, skin side down.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges
As you can see from the picture, coating the salmon in herbs makes it look more interesting and you can serve this delicious and quick herb crusted salmon recipe with your favorite veggies. Broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, and carrots would be nice. Some mashed potatoes or fries would also work with this dish. Do not forget the lemon wedges for squeezing all over your juicy, succulent salmon. With easy fish recipes like this for salmon, no wonder this fish is so popular all over the world. Salmon has its own unique flavor and you can use it in so many different easy fish recipes.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26706 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22334 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17440 Views)