Make your own Mexican baked fish recipe using any fish you like. This is a great way to serve up some spicy seafood for a great dinner that the whole family will enjoy. Make simple dinner recipes using fish for a low fat, low calorie meal that you can feel good about. After the holidays is a good time to stock up on your baked fish filet recipes so you can trim down without sacrificing any flavor, because such meals can be tasty as well as healthy, offering you the best of both worlds and satisfying your hunger without depriving you of your favorites.
Baked fish seasoned with spicy salsa, pitted and sliced avocado and sour cream sets the stage for this really great dish you will simply fall in love with. The simplicity of the directions and ingredients offer the opportunity to give your family a delicious and nutritious meal that is ready in as few as 20 minutes. Yes, from start to finish your thawed filets are transformed into a superb Mexican masterpiece your whole family will adore! Serve alongside a generous helping of refried beans, rice, and avocado dip blended with chopped onions and tomato and mayonnaise. Add warmed tortillas as the grand finale.
Everyone likes Mexican food and most of us enjoy eating fish. In fact I have served this recipe to a friend who is a devout anti-fish eater. She took one bite and was in love. Try making this tonight and you will agree it is simply delicious. In addition it provides the family with many omega-3 vitamins, not to mention the calcium, vitamins C, K and D, and protein as well, and those are just a few of the nutrients this dish offers. This baked fish is a great comfort food, so you can feel good knowing your family is eating something perfectly balanced.
- 4 cod filets or similar
- 1 sliced avocado or ½ cup guacamole
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 8 black olives
- ½ cup broken corn chips
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 lemon or lime wedges, to serve
- 4 sprigs cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rinse the fish filets under cold water and pat dry using paper towels.
- Lay the cod filets side by side in the baking dish.
- Pour half the salsa over them.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and black olives.
- Finish off with the broken corn chips and remaining salsa.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until the fish is done.
- Serve with avocado or guacamole, sour cream, and lemon or lime wedges.
- Add cilantro for garnish too, if liked.
This is a quick and easy baked fish recipe you can make with cod or with your favorite fish. Try tilapia or hake perhaps. The fish is topped with salsa, corn chips and other Mexican ingredients and then it just needs to bake for a short while in the oven. Serve this with salad or some steamed veggies, adding a lemon or lime wedge to each plate, and spooning on a dollop of sour cream or drizzling cream on top if you prefer. This is the perfect recipe to choose for busy weeknights when you just want to make something quick and easy without sacrificing any nutrition or flavor.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26706 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22334 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17442 Views)