Paella is a very popular fish dish, not only in Spain but also all over the world. You can get meat paella, fish paella or mixed paella, which features both meat and fish. The following recipe combines mussels, clams, cod, and shrimp, for a delicious seafood dinner, and chicken stock to complement the flavor of the dish. The saffron gives this easy paella recipe its typical yellow color and the quail eggs add an interesting touch.
You will find this to be quite a simple recipe to follow. Making it is a little like making risotto, since you are going to add the stock, ladleful at a time, to the rice, until it is all absorbed. This makes a wonderful meal for anyone who likes shellfish and it is perfect if you are serving food at a dinner party or buffet because paella always goes down well with dinner guests.
Serve this with some crusty buttered bread on the side and perhaps a few lemon wedges for squeezing over the delicious seafood paella. This recipe makes enough to serve four people so, if you want to feed more, you will just need to double or triple the recipe. In addition, of course you will need a bigger pot.
- 1 cup medium-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 20 scrubbed, de-bearded mussels
- 12 scrubbed littleneck clams
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon saffron threads
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 large raw shrimp
- 4 oz cod filet, in ½ inch pieces
- 4 sliced, hard-boiled quail eggs
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- Bring the saffron and stock to a simmer in a pan. Take it off the heat and cover to keep it warm.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and sauté the shallots for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and stir until it is absorbed. Add ½ cup of the saffron stock and simmer until absorbed. Stir the mixture often.
- Add the rest of the stock, ½ cup at a time, letting it absorb into the rice before adding more.
- Peel and de-vein the shrimp if you like. Else just de-vein them without peeling, by cutting down the backs. Leave the tails on.
- Add the seafood, clam juice, cod, bell pepper strips, and tomatoes to the pot.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the rice is done, the liquid is absorbed and the fish and seafood are cooked through.
- Garnish the paella with the sliced quail eggs.
Spanish paella is a colorful dish and this seafood paella recipe is no exception. You can tell from the photo how delicious this is going to be. The juicy shrimp, tasty clams, and flavorful mussels give a lot of flavor to this dish, and the quail eggs are also a nice touch. The cod adds another fishy flavor. The chicken stock is light and aromatic enough to suit the overall flavor well. Paella is a recipe which has stood the test of time. Combining seafood with rice is so easy to do and paella is a dish which has stood the test of time and will be around for a long time because of its unique and wonderful taste.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26704 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22331 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17440 Views)