Try My Fast & Easy Oven Fried Catfish Recipe
My fast & easy oven fried catfish recipe will leave your guests wanting more! Everyone knows there’s nothing like a good batch of Southern fried catfish. This oven fried catfish recipe has been deliciously converted from the less healthy pan fried version, but remains a fast & easy oven fried catfish recipe.
Treat your family to some fast & easy oven fried catfish and soak up the compliments!
Crispy, flakey, succulent golden brown catfish fillets smothered in a southern style seasoned cornmeal batter and fried to a golden perfection. Seasoned southern style hush puppies, piles of crisp sweet potato fries followed by a side of sweet and tangy slaw. Top this superb southern comfort food off with a mason jar of iced tea, sweetened to taste and you will have a true taste of the south. You can’t really experience the southern foods of the South without sampling a dish of delicious peach cobbler topped with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream; Mmmm, now that is the south!
Certainly you may want all the fried food taste but without all the fried food calories. With this recipe you get just that. The sinfully fattening taste of deep fried foods without all the high cholesterol and artery clogging vegetable oil to cook the foods in. Yes, with this fast and easy oven fried catfish recipe you can enjoy the taste of fried foods again without much concern for added cholesterol. Even the hush puppies and sweet potato fried can be ‘fried’ in your oven. The peach cobbler can also be prepared low fat or sugar free. The Internet has a number of sugar free or carbohydrate conscious dessert recipes.
Once you have prepared this dish I think you and your family will agree that not only is this recipe a delicious alternative to the deep fried version. However, if you close your eyes you could almost hear the call of the pelicans as they flew over the ocean looking for that morsel of fish for their meal.
- 1½ lbs catfish filets
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat it with cooking spray.
- Stir together the paprika, thyme, cornmeal, onion powder, celery seed, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, in a shallow baking dish.
- Dip the catfish filets in milk and then in the cornmeal mixture, coating them thickly.
- Arrange them on the greased baking sheet and spray plenty of cooking spray on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the fish is flaky.
Photo Credit: Wikipedia
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81335 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33505 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26702 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22329 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21077 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20195 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17526 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17436 Views)