Salmon burgers are a great way to use fish. If you are running out of ideas but you enjoy eating fish, what about making patties with them? You can make them in advance and simply store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to pan fry them to perfection. Hamburgers are many people’s idea of nice comfort food but you can substitute fish for the meat and make these instead. Most people like salmon and you can use canned salmon in this recipe if that is all you have. Fresh salmon is really good though and gives this recipe a gourmet touch.
The following recipe features mustard, herbs, bell pepper, green onion and more, to make the salmon burgers extra mouthwatering. Anyone can make these, as you just need to simmer the fish in water, then flake it and combine it with the other salmon burger ingredients to make the patties. It could not be easier. Chill the burgers before cooking to make sure they are set properly. If you cook them straight after forming the patties, they might break apart.
Serve these tasty salmon burgers with French fries or potato salad. They are great with your favorite tossed salad and they are equally good with corn on the cob or any other side dishes you like. The classic way to serve salmon burgers is with mayonnaise and a wedge of lemon but you can combine these two ingredients, stirring some lemon juice (or lime juice) into mayonnaise and serving the citrus mayonnaise without the citrus wedge, if you prefer that idea.
- 1 lb salmon filets
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ¼ finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Few drops hot sauce
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, plus extra to serve
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1 ¼ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Put the salmon in a pan and cover it with water. Simmer for 5 minutes, and then let it cool.
- Flake the salmon into a bowl, using a fork; do not worry if it is not fully cooked.
- Add the bell pepper, green onions, cilantro, parsley, hot sauce, breadcrumbs, egg, mustard, and mayonnaise and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 8 burgers, put them on a plate, and cover them with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate them for 30 minutes.
- Cook the salmon burgers in the olive oil in a skillet for a couple of minutes per side or until they are cooked through.
- Serve with mayonnaise and garnish with fresh parsley.
Salmon burgers are really tempting; they smell nice and taste even better. As you can tell from the photo, the pink color of these salmon patties makes them super appetizing and if you opt for some colorful side dishes like cherry tomatoes and coleslaw, as well as a fresh herb garnish, you are sure to make a winning meal. Burgers are a great example of comfort food and making salmon burgers ensures your dinner will be seen as both comfort food and something extra special which the whole family will love. This is one of our most easy fish recipes and the burgers are quick to prepare too.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26706 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22333 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17440 Views)