Salmon croquettes can be store-bought or homemade, but nothing beats the homemade taste. In addition to that, using recipes for salmon patties croquettes means you know exactly what goes into the recipe. This recipe uses cracker crumbs for a tasty crispy coating and you can fry the salmon croquettes in just a few minutes. The salmon croquettes, or salmon patties, hold together well and you can shape them into ovals or rounds, depending on what you fancy.
If you are looking for cheap fish recipes, canned salmon is a relatively economical choice. It is certainly cheaper than fresh salmon anyway and it is perfect for making this recipe. Canned salmon, rather than fresh salmon, is used in this recipe for salmon croquettes because, with the egg, lemon juice, milk and cracker crumbs added, it gives a strong, pleasing flavor. For a variation, switch the canned salmon for canned tuna, or even use half of one and half of the other. The result will be similar but different. Canned tuna also has quite a strong flavor and it is nice for making homemade fish patties.
These croquettes are delicious served with a simple green salad. Alternatively, mashed or boiled potatoes and seasonal vegetables would work. Some tartar sauce on the side is also a nice touch or you can serve a creamy salad dressing – maybe lemon mayonnaise, aioli or marie rose sauce. This is a quick and easy salmon croquettes recipe and you can make it from scratch in about ten minutes – ideal for those busy weeknights!
- 1 can salmon
- ½ cup cracker crumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 finely sliced green onion
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salad leaves and a creamy salad dressing, to serve
- Drain the salmon and put it in a bowl.
- Pick out any big bones.
- Add the lemon juice, green onion, egg and enough cracker crumbs to make the mixture sticky.
- Mold it in to round or oval shapes and dip them in milk.
- Roll them in cracker crumbs and fry them in half an inch of hot oil until browned all over.
- Serve immediately with salad leaves and your favorite dressing or sauce.
These easy salmon croquettes are incredibly quick to make, since you just have to combine a can of salmon with some other ingredients, shape patties, and pan fry them. You can serve these salmon patties with a green salad, like in the photo, or with your favorite vegetable side dish. A potato salad would be nice with this too. Perhaps you have made Thai fishcakes before or a similar fishcake recipe and this salmon croquette recipe is not too different. Serve a creamy sauce on the side for dipping your salmon croquettes and this meal might just become a firm family favorite.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81391 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33529 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26778 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22393 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21126 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20306 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17620 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17561 Views)