Canned salmon recipes are becoming very popular and this wonderful salmon patties recipe is a great example of turning canned salmon into something special and flavorful. Depending on the salmon recipe in question, canned salmon often tastes just as good as its fresh equivalent, and recipes such as this one are sure to appeal to the whole family from the youngest member to the most senior.
The following recipe for salmon patties combines the flavors of salmon, onion, parsley, mustard and more to make the patties. Beau Monde seasoning is a combination of herbs such as cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and celery seed. You can buy it from the grocery store. The lemon cheese sauce is tasty yet light and very simple to make. It is the perfect complement to the hot, tasty patties.
As well as the canned salmon you will need onion, chili sauce, herbs, and spices. All these ingredients are incorporated with flour, egg and more, and then you can shape the patties. Just divide it into half, then divide each half into 3 equal-size parts. You will then end up with 6 patties. The sauce is made with flour, milk and butter, for a nice consistency, then lemon and cheese are added for a wonderful taste. These patties go very nicely with your favorite vegetables or salad, and you might also wish to add some fries, potato salad or mashed potato to the plate.
- 16 oz canned salmon
- 1 beaten egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup grated onion
- ¼ teaspoon Beau Monde seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh, minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Drain the salmon, reserving ½ cup of the liquid.
- Set the liquid aside.
- Flake the salmon.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat and add the flour, stirring all the time.
- Add the milk and reserved liquid.
- Cook this mixture over a medium heat, stirring continually until thick.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the mustard, onion, parsley, lemon juice, Beau Monde seasoning, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stir well after each addition.
- Stir in the egg, salmon and half the breadcrumbs.
- Shape the mixture into 6 salmon patties.
- Dredge in the rest of the breadcrumbs and fry in hot oil for 5 minutes on each side.
- Drain the patties and serve them with the lemon cheese sauce, boiled potatoes and some seasonal vegetables.
- To make the sauce, mix the flour and butter over a low heat for a minute.
- Stir in the milk and keep cooking until thick.
- Add the seasonings and stir again.
- Add the egg yolks, cheese and lemon juice and keep stirring over a low to medium heat for 2 minutes.
Canned salmon combines with all kinds of tasty ingredients to make these patties. They are fried until crisp and golden and then served with a homemade lemon and cheese sauce, or, if you prefer, some mayonnaise and parsley as a garnish. Fish patties, or fish cakes as they are also known, make a great dinner, and the whole family will love them. Serve them with potatoes or fries, along with vegetables or salad. Potato salad is nice with homemade fish patties, and so is coleslaw. These are simple to make and you can adjust the seasonings if you wish.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26706 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22333 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17440 Views)