My favorite fish in the whole world is salmon – especially dishes which have salmon sauce and all these awesome yummy ingredients that come with salmon dishes. I love the amazing and unique salmon taste and I could eat it out of a can and be happy! Just imagine cooking salmon, adding a citrus sauce and enjoying the amazing flavor?
It is food heaven! Another reason why I love salmon is the fact that it is practically one of the healthiest fish to exist. It is rich in omega-3 which helps in fighting heart disease, degenerative brain diseases, and a lot more. It is also good for the weight conscious. So, it is perfectly okay to wolf down a serving or two.
For today’s dish, I will be sharing with all of you foodies out there one of my all-time favorite seafood recipes that have made my decision to pursue a healthy diet more bearable. It is not just perfect for people who are watching out for their weight and health; it is also for people who want to eat delicious food and the art of cooking.
Make sure to include this recipe on your next house party or potluck dinner and your friends will surely compliment you for such a chic, delicious, and refreshing dish fit for any occasion.
Another bonus of this dish is that it is grilled to perfection. Choosing to do cooking methods that are healthier than other types really maximizes all the awesome benefits you can get from salmon.
Do You like Salmon with Citrus Sauce
- 4 pieces of 6-oz. skinless salmon fillets
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- Ground pepper
- Coarse salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ C fresh lime juice
- ½ C fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Ground pepper
- Coarse salt
- The first thing to do is to make the citrus sauce for the salmon.
- To do it, you must boil the fresh lime juice and the orange juice in a small skillet for 8 to 12 minutes until it is reduced to ½ cup.
- Then, turn off the heat and pour in the Dijon mustard sugar and olive oil.
- Whisk the mixture then season it with ground pepper and coarse salt.
- Your citrus sauce is done and set it aside to prepare the salmon.
- As for the salmon, the first thing to prepare it is to heat the grill on medium or on high.
- Then, rub the skinless salmon fillets with olive oil and sprinkle on some salt, ground coriander and ground pepper.
- Oil the grates of the grill and then place the salmon onto it.
- Cover the grill and let it cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Cook the salmon until it is flaky and opaque all throughout.
- Cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Take out the salmon fillets from the grill and serve with the citrus sauce.
Photo Credit: Grilled salmon with citrus sauce by Khairil Zhafri, on Flickr
It Is Food Heaven! Another Reason Why I Love Salmon…
Wasn’t that amazing? The salmon tastes just wonderful straight off the grill and even better with the salmon sauce made of citrus juices. This dish is perfect when served with steamed rice and some grilled bok choy. Make a salad to complete this glorious meal.
Fish Without a Doubt: The Cook’s Essential Companion
by Rick Moonen and Roy Finamore
Choose this top-rated fish cookbook if you want to know more about cooking fish and seafood. It covers pretty much everything you will ever need to know about the topic. This hefty book features descriptive, clear recipes and the book covers selecting and preparing your fish, as well as the actual recipes themselves. Discover how to shuck oysters, clean squid, devein shrimp and filet a round fish like a pro. Learn how to tell when fish is cooked, and find out more about different fish cooking techniques like poaching, boiling, frying, baking and steaming. The recipes include appetizers, soups, salads, fish burgers, relishes and sauces for fish, pasta and rice dishes with fish or seafood, and more. This in-depth compendium is a fabulous resource for anyone who wants to delve into the world of fish and seafood, and learn how to make the best recipes using the fruits of the sea.
“Crispy Skin Salmon with Citrus Sauce”
Step by Step Instructions for Salmon with Citrus Sauce
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26706 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22334 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20198 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17442 Views)