This recipe blends basic flavors for a bold result. Lemon and garlic are popular ingredients in fish recipes and in the following recipe they work together, with olive oil, to produce a flavorful sauce for the cod. Cod has its own unique flavor and it stands up well to the lemon, garlic and other ingredients, resulting in a truly mouthwatering dish which is a pleasure to make because it is so straightforward.
Grilled cod is especially nice because the grill gives it a smoky flavor and you can cook the meal outside. You could even grill the potatoes if you wanted to, although par-boiling them first is a good idea, else they can take a very long time. If you have the oven on for something else you could do them in there but, to be honest, cooking them in the microwave is just as good and very fast. Wrap them in aluminum foil when they are done and keep them warm on the grill until everything is ready to serve. Then you do not have to run from the kitchen to the grill, to check on what is ready and what needs longer.
You might like to switch the potatoes for some crusty bread and you can either serve this fresh or toast it on the grill. It is up to you and you can also change the black olives and parsley if you wanted to. Use the base ingredients (cod, lemon, garlic, and oil) and really make this recipe your own. Experimenting with easy fish recipes is fun and you might find something new and delicious.
- 2 cod filets, 4 oz each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 black olives
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 4 red potatoes
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat a grill pan over a moderately high heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with half the olive oil.
- De-seed the red bell pepper and cut it into strips. Add the strips to the grill pan.
- Rinse the fish filets and pat them dry with kitchen paper.
- Add the fish to the grill pan with the garlic and drizzle the remaining oil over it. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the cod and bell pepper strips. Add the black olives to the pan.
- Microwave the potatoes until they are tender.
- Grill until the fish is opaque, and then serve it with the red bell pepper strips on top.
- Pour the lemon oil mixture over the fish.
- Add 2 potatoes to each plate and garnish with the black olives and parsley.
As the photo shows, this is a colorful and very appetizing recipe. If you usually bake or pan fry your cod filets, why not try grilling them instead? The principle is the same; you just need to cook the fish until it is flaky and opaque. Adding flavor with garlic and lemon makes this fish really tasty and the red bell pepper, red potatoes, and parsley add plenty of color. This is such an easy recipe and even if you only have an indoor grill (or if you have to rely on one because of bad weather) this is a great recipe to make, since the whole family will be impressed with its amazing flavors.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (80139 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33247 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (25876 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (21631 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (20760 Views)
- Fish and Chips (18674 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17182 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (15902 Views)
- HomeMay 21, 2016
- Recipe PublishingFebruary 23, 2016
- Types of SeafoodJanuary 28, 2016
- The Life Cycle of a SalmonJanuary 27, 2016
- Why Buy Seafood Online?January 27, 2016
- Ways You Can Smoke Fish on Your OwnJanuary 27, 2016
- Some Helpful Tips for Working with Frozen ShrimpJanuary 26, 2016
- Shellfish 101 and Unusual Seafood Cooking MethodsJanuary 26, 2016