The following recipe is perhaps slightly different to other easy fish recipes but it is no more difficult to make. Also, the end flavor is really good. You can switch the grouper for swordfish, sea bass, hake, or sea trout if you prefer, although grouper is a very satisfying fish.
The following recipe blends rosemary, garlic and a few other seasonings to spice up the grouper perfectly. The rosemary is especially delicious with the fish. To make the side dish, pak choi and rhubarb are combined with butter and garlic. This unusual but tasty rhubarb side dish goes very nicely with the fish. Many people only know rhubarb as a fruit, rather than as a vegetable, although it is used in savory recipes too and actually goes really well with them.
Most sweet recipes featuring rhubarb rely on sugar or another sweetener, whereas if you use rhubarb as a vegetable it really does not need a lot done to it, because its flavor is already good and it does not need to be sweetened if you are making a savory dish.
- 4 grouper filets, 6 oz each
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon white sugar
- 4 lemon wedges, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup thinly sliced rhubarb
- 1 ½ cups pak choi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup water
- Rinse the fish and pat it dry, using paper towels.
- Season it with salt and black pepper and dust with flour.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the fish.
- Pan-fry it, turning it once, for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned.
- Transfer the fish to a warmed platter and cover it with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for a minute.
- Add the water, sugar, vinegar and rosemary and cook, scraping up any stuck-on bits from the skillet.
- Keep cooking the sauce until it is reduced.
- Sauté the garlic in the butter for a minute, then add the rhubarb and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the pak choi and cook it until it wilts.
- Add the water and cook until the water is gone and the rhubarb is tender.
- Transfer the fish to 4 serving plates and drizzle the rosemary sauce on top.
- Serve the rhubarb and pak choi mixture with the fish and add a lemon wedge to each plate.
This delicious recipe features grouper which is juicy and succulent, as well as a delicious rosemary sauce. You can serve the fish with a wedge of lemon or lime, since that is nice squeezed over the top. The rhubarb side dish might strike you as being unusual but, if you have only ever had rhubarb in dessert recipes, you will be surprised by its savory taste in this dish, especially when paired with the equally savory pak choi. A little butter and garlic finishes this side dish off perfectly. You can see from the picture that this makes a very appetizing meal.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe with Penne November 22, 2014
- Shrimp Scampi with Pasta Recipe November 20, 2014
- Shrimp Fried Rice Chinese Style November 18, 2014
- Diabetic-Friendly Shrimp Stir Fry November 17, 2014
- Herby Salmon Casserole with Sour Cream November 7, 2014
- Poached Salmon with Dill Horseradish Sauce November 5, 2014
- Salmon Patties in a Lemon Cheese Sauce November 2, 2014
- Simple Baked Mexican Fish Filets October 26, 2014
- Home (53520 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (27431 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (19018 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (16279 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (11583 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (10503 Views)
- Fried Lobster Tail Recipes (10065 Views)
- Baked Steelhead Trout Recipe (9080 Views)
- Succulent Seared Scallops Recipe in a Citrus Sauce (8633 Views)
- Delicious Imitation Crab Salad Sandwich (8626 Views)
- The Life Cycle of a SalmonNovember 1, 2014
- The Life-Cycle of a CrawfishOctober 22, 2014
- Shrimp Glossary of Cooking Terms - Shrimp Cooking A - ZOctober 21, 2014
- A Brief History of Shrimp and Shrimp RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- A Closer Look at Shrimp RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- A Complete Guide to Cooking Crab LegsOctober 21, 2014
- A Delicious Guide to the History of Fish RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- All About Calamari - How to Cook CalamariOctober 21, 2014
- An Introduction to Easy Fish RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- Crab Cooking TipsOctober 21, 2014