The following recipe is perhaps slightly different to other easy fish recipes but it is no more difficult to make. Also, the end flavor is really good. You can switch the grouper for swordfish, sea bass, hake, or sea trout if you prefer, although grouper is a very satisfying fish.
The following recipe blends rosemary, garlic and a few other seasonings to spice up the grouper perfectly. The rosemary is especially delicious with the fish. To make the side dish, pak choi and rhubarb are combined with butter and garlic. This unusual but tasty rhubarb side dish goes very nicely with the fish. Many people only know rhubarb as a fruit, rather than as a vegetable, although it is used in savory recipes too and actually goes really well with them.
Most sweet recipes featuring rhubarb rely on sugar or another sweetener, whereas if you use rhubarb as a vegetable it really does not need a lot done to it, because its flavor is already good and it does not need to be sweetened if you are making a savory dish.
- 4 grouper filets, 6 oz each
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon white sugar
- 4 lemon wedges, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup thinly sliced rhubarb
- 1 ½ cups pak choi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 sliced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup water
- Rinse the fish and pat it dry, using paper towels.
- Season it with salt and black pepper and dust with flour.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the fish.
- Pan-fry it, turning it once, for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned.
- Transfer the fish to a warmed platter and cover it with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for a minute.
- Add the water, sugar, vinegar and rosemary and cook, scraping up any stuck-on bits from the skillet.
- Keep cooking the sauce until it is reduced.
- Sauté the garlic in the butter for a minute, then add the rhubarb and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the pak choi and cook it until it wilts.
- Add the water and cook until the water is gone and the rhubarb is tender.
- Transfer the fish to 4 serving plates and drizzle the rosemary sauce on top.
- Serve the rhubarb and pak choi mixture with the fish and add a lemon wedge to each plate.
This delicious recipe features grouper which is juicy and succulent, as well as a delicious rosemary sauce. You can serve the fish with a wedge of lemon or lime, since that is nice squeezed over the top. The rhubarb side dish might strike you as being unusual but, if you have only ever had rhubarb in dessert recipes, you will be surprised by its savory taste in this dish, especially when paired with the equally savory pak choi. A little butter and garlic finishes this side dish off perfectly. You can see from the picture that this makes a very appetizing meal.
Leave a Reply
- Easy Cod Croquettes August 31, 2014
- 4-Herb Baked Salmon Recipe August 26, 2014
- Gourmet Roasted Salmon with Pea Puree August 24, 2014
- Lime and Chili Tilapia Taco Recipe August 19, 2014
- Baked Fish Recipes December 22, 2013
- Shrimp on the Grill Recipes December 21, 2013
- Fettuccini Carbonara Recipe December 16, 2013
- Baked Salmon Fish Cakes December 15, 2013
- Home (52226 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (27238 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (18870 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (15899 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (11361 Views)
- Fried Lobster Tail Recipes (9940 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (9661 Views)
- Baked Steelhead Trout Recipe (8841 Views)
- Succulent Seared Scallops Recipe in a Citrus Sauce (8500 Views)
- Delicious Imitation Crab Salad Sandwich (8482 Views)
- How to Brine Shrimp for Shrimp RecipesAugust 28, 2014
- How to Make the Very Best Salmon RecipesAugust 20, 2014
- Great Cooking Tips for Succulent Salmon RecipesAugust 20, 2014
- Why Homemade Shrimp Recipes are Wonderfully UniqueAugust 16, 2014
- Recipe PublishingJuly 14, 2014
- CrabJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab SaladJanuary 28, 2014
- Cold Crab SaladJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab RecipesJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab ArticlesJanuary 28, 2014