This easy salmon and potato bake features a creamy sauce, and is a real winter warmer of a meal. It is a one-pot dish so you do not need to have various pots and pans bubbling away. There is no stress involved with this one and even if you are new to making fish recipes you will find this a very simple recipe. The whole family will enjoy the eclectic mix of flavors this meal offers.
The mozzarella is lovely with this dish. Some of it is sprinkled over the top of the salmon and potato mixture, and the remainder is used in the creamy sauce which is drizzled over the top before serving. The salmon cooks a lot quicker than the dense potatoes, so you will need to par-cook those before adding the fish. The mixed herbs are great in this dish, although you could use fresh herbs if you prefer. Try basil, rosemary or thyme perhaps. A few chives could also be good.
Although the potatoes make this hearty and filling, you could also serve some crusty bread on the side. This enables you to sop up all the lovely juices which are left on your plate. This recipe is one of the best ways to cook salmon. The creamy sauce is very easy to make but it has a gourmet flavor and the overall dish is satisfying, flavorful and it also looks really attractive. You need surprisingly few ingredients to make this. Along with the fish and potatoes, you will need cream, herbs and cheese, and the result is full-flavored and simply incredible.
- 1 lb skinless salmon filet, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 lb unpeeled small potatoes, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season the fish with ¼ teaspoon of the salt and ⅛ teaspoon of the black pepper on both sides.
- Put the potatoes in a 8½ x 11 inch baking dish in one layer.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over them and sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of salt and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and arrange the salmon filet cubes around the outside.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 250 degrees F and sprinkle ½ the mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the salmon is done.
- Whisk the remaining olive oil with the sour cream and remaining mozzarella.
- Stir in the mixed herbs and taste to check the seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then pour this sauce over the casserole.
This delicious baked salmon and potato recipe is a great example of how a one-pot meal can be every bit as special as something which is cooked in a variety of pots and pans. If having various pots and pans on the stove sends you into a panic, then try out this basic baked fish and potato recipe. Start cooking the potatoes early and then add the fish when they are almost tender. That way everything will be ready at the same time. Salmon is healthy and potatoes are filling, so combining the two gives you a nutritious and satisfying dinner, which is further improved by the addition of the lovely creamy sauce on top.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26706 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22334 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17440 Views)