Dill weed and salmon are paired in a lot of easy fish recipes because the mild, aromatic flavor of dill goes so well with salmon. This salmon with dill sauce recipe is simple to prepare. You need to make the sauce in one pan and cook the fish in the other. You can adapt this recipe if you want to, switching the fresh herbs for dried ones (if you do that, only use half the amount) or using thyme instead of, or along with, the dill and parsley.
Lemon juice and lemon pepper give a sharp, citric flavor to the otherwise creamy, sweet sauce, and the combination of flavors is truly mouthwatering. Lemon is another ingredient that features in thousands of salmon recipes. This recipe might be too rich for some people. If you prefer your fish plain or served simply (perhaps with a wedge of lemon and some fresh herbs) this might not be the dish for you, since the white wine, cream and milk give rich, luxurious results and not everybody likes their salmon that way. If you do enjoy cream sauces though, you are sure to love this.
There are various ways you can serve this lemon salmon with dill sauce. Try pairing it with white rice or pasta. French fries would work too. A simple green salad or a green vegetable (peas, broccoli, or green beans) would make a suitable side dish for it.
- 4 salmon filets, 5 oz each
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons white wine
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 minced shallot or 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Fresh dill weed, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Rub 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice over the salmon, and then season it with the lemon pepper. Cover it and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat a tablespoon of butter in a pan and sauté the shallot or garlic for a couple of minutes. Add the rest of the lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of the wine and the vinegar.
- Simmer the mixture until it reduces by half, and then stir in the milk and cream. Season with the herbs, and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cook and stir until thick, then whisk in 2 tablespoons of butter. Set the sauce to one side and keep it warm.
- Heat the remaining butter in a skillet and cook the salmon until it flakes easily. Transfer it to a plate and keep warm.
- Pour the cream sauce into the skillet and warm it through, mixing it with the butter which is already in there.
- Serve the fish with the sauce poured over it. Garnish with the fresh dill weed.
This might be an easy recipe to make with salmon but the photo tells another story, showing perfectly pan-fried fish with a decadent sauce drizzled carefully over, garnished with dill. This is the kind of dish you would be pleased to get in a restaurant so knowing how to make salmon with dill sauce at home means that you can prepare this lavish treat for dinner guests. This is quite a quick recipe to make, especially if you get the timings right and cook the salmon and sauce simultaneously, so they are finished at the same time. Salmon is full of nutrients and this recipe is a joy to eat.
Leave a Reply
- Easy Cod Croquettes August 31, 2014
- 4-Herb Baked Salmon Recipe August 26, 2014
- Gourmet Roasted Salmon with Pea Puree August 24, 2014
- Lime and Chili Tilapia Taco Recipe August 19, 2014
- Baked Fish Recipes December 22, 2013
- Shrimp on the Grill Recipes December 21, 2013
- Fettuccini Carbonara Recipe December 16, 2013
- Baked Salmon Fish Cakes December 15, 2013
- Home (52235 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (27240 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (18872 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (15899 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (11363 Views)
- Fried Lobster Tail Recipes (9942 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (9663 Views)
- Baked Steelhead Trout Recipe (8843 Views)
- Succulent Seared Scallops Recipe in a Citrus Sauce (8503 Views)
- Delicious Imitation Crab Salad Sandwich (8484 Views)
- How to Brine Shrimp for Shrimp RecipesAugust 28, 2014
- How to Make the Very Best Salmon RecipesAugust 20, 2014
- Great Cooking Tips for Succulent Salmon RecipesAugust 20, 2014
- Why Homemade Shrimp Recipes are Wonderfully UniqueAugust 16, 2014
- Recipe PublishingJuly 14, 2014
- CrabJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab SaladJanuary 28, 2014
- Cold Crab SaladJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab RecipesJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab ArticlesJanuary 28, 2014