Dill weed and salmon are paired in a lot of easy fish recipes because the mild, aromatic flavor of dill goes so well with salmon. This salmon with dill sauce recipe is simple to prepare. You need to make the sauce in one pan and cook the fish in the other. You can adapt this recipe if you want to, switching the fresh herbs for dried ones (if you do that, only use half the amount) or using thyme instead of, or along with, the dill and parsley.
Lemon juice and lemon pepper give a sharp, citric flavor to the otherwise creamy, sweet sauce, and the combination of flavors is truly mouthwatering. Lemon is another ingredient that features in thousands of salmon recipes. This recipe might be too rich for some people. If you prefer your fish plain or served simply (perhaps with a wedge of lemon and some fresh herbs) this might not be the dish for you, since the white wine, cream and milk give rich, luxurious results and not everybody likes their salmon that way. If you do enjoy cream sauces though, you are sure to love this.
There are various ways you can serve this lemon salmon with dill sauce. Try pairing it with white rice or pasta. French fries would work too. A simple green salad or a green vegetable (peas, broccoli, or green beans) would make a suitable side dish for it.
- 4 salmon filets, 5 oz each
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons white wine
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 minced shallot or 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Fresh dill weed, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Rub 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice over the salmon, and then season it with the lemon pepper. Cover it and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat a tablespoon of butter in a pan and sauté the shallot or garlic for a couple of minutes. Add the rest of the lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of the wine and the vinegar.
- Simmer the mixture until it reduces by half, and then stir in the milk and cream. Season with the herbs, and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cook and stir until thick, then whisk in 2 tablespoons of butter. Set the sauce to one side and keep it warm.
- Heat the remaining butter in a skillet and cook the salmon until it flakes easily. Transfer it to a plate and keep warm.
- Pour the cream sauce into the skillet and warm it through, mixing it with the butter which is already in there.
- Serve the fish with the sauce poured over it. Garnish with the fresh dill weed.
This might be an easy recipe to make with salmon but the photo tells another story, showing perfectly pan-fried fish with a decadent sauce drizzled carefully over, garnished with dill. This is the kind of dish you would be pleased to get in a restaurant so knowing how to make salmon with dill sauce at home means that you can prepare this lavish treat for dinner guests. This is quite a quick recipe to make, especially if you get the timings right and cook the salmon and sauce simultaneously, so they are finished at the same time. Salmon is full of nutrients and this recipe is a joy to eat.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Asian Scallop and Shrimp Kabobs July 18, 2015
- Seabass Carpaccio Salad with Crispy Garlic July 12, 2015
- Golden Brown Scallop Gratin July 11, 2015
- 5 Shrimp Pasta Dishes You Must Try July 3, 2015
- Shrimp and Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells July 3, 2015
- Crispy Crab and Shrimp Wontons June 29, 2015
- Coronation Shrimp Vol-au-Vents June 28, 2015
- Buttery Seared Scallops in Prosecco June 23, 2015
- Warm Creole Crawfish Dip June 22, 2015
- Simple Kid-Friendly Salmon June 21, 2015
- Buttery Grilled Catfish with Garlic June 14, 2015
- Traditional English Haddock and Chips June 13, 2015
- Home (74290 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (32937 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (25112 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (20662 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (20404 Views)
- Fish and Chips (17258 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (16594 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (14541 Views)
- HomeJune 15, 2015
- MusselsJune 3, 2015
- Common Seafood SeasoningsJanuary 16, 2015
- The Life Cycle of a SalmonNovember 1, 2014
- The Life-Cycle of a CrawfishOctober 22, 2014
- Shrimp Glossary of Cooking Terms - Shrimp Cooking A - ZOctober 21, 2014
- A Brief History of Shrimp and Shrimp RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- A Closer Look at Shrimp RecipesOctober 21, 2014