Dill weed and salmon are paired in a lot of easy fish recipes because the mild, aromatic flavor of dill goes so well with salmon. This salmon with dill sauce recipe is simple to prepare. You need to make the sauce in one pan and cook the fish in the other. You can adapt this recipe if you want to, switching the fresh herbs for dried ones (if you do that, only use half the amount) or using thyme instead of, or along with, the dill and parsley.
Lemon juice and lemon pepper give a sharp, citric flavor to the otherwise creamy, sweet sauce, and the combination of flavors is truly mouthwatering. Lemon is another ingredient that features in thousands of salmon recipes. This recipe might be too rich for some people. If you prefer your fish plain or served simply (perhaps with a wedge of lemon and some fresh herbs) this might not be the dish for you, since the white wine, cream and milk give rich, luxurious results and not everybody likes their salmon that way. If you do enjoy cream sauces though, you are sure to love this.
There are various ways you can serve this lemon salmon with dill sauce. Try pairing it with white rice or pasta. French fries would work too. A simple green salad or a green vegetable (peas, broccoli, or green beans) would make a suitable side dish for it.
- 4 salmon filets, 5 oz each
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons white wine
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 minced shallot or 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Fresh dill weed, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Rub 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice over the salmon, and then season it with the lemon pepper. Cover it and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat a tablespoon of butter in a pan and sauté the shallot or garlic for a couple of minutes. Add the rest of the lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of the wine and the vinegar.
- Simmer the mixture until it reduces by half, and then stir in the milk and cream. Season with the herbs, and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cook and stir until thick, then whisk in 2 tablespoons of butter. Set the sauce to one side and keep it warm.
- Heat the remaining butter in a skillet and cook the salmon until it flakes easily. Transfer it to a plate and keep warm.
- Pour the cream sauce into the skillet and warm it through, mixing it with the butter which is already in there.
- Serve the fish with the sauce poured over it. Garnish with the fresh dill weed.
This might be an easy recipe to make with salmon but the photo tells another story, showing perfectly pan-fried fish with a decadent sauce drizzled carefully over, garnished with dill. This is the kind of dish you would be pleased to get in a restaurant so knowing how to make salmon with dill sauce at home means that you can prepare this lavish treat for dinner guests. This is quite a quick recipe to make, especially if you get the timings right and cook the salmon and sauce simultaneously, so they are finished at the same time. Salmon is full of nutrients and this recipe is a joy to eat.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81391 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33529 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26778 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22392 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21126 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20306 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17620 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17561 Views)