You might have seen speckled sea trout recipes or spotted sea trout recipes but these are actually two different names for the same fish. Speckled sea trout are abundant along the Texas coast. Sea trout is quite a tasty fish and a lot of speckled sea trout recipes do not require a lot of added flavoring. This sea trout recipe however uses plenty of fresh vegetables as well, as a white wine based sauce, to really enhance the flavor of this exciting fish and make it into a gourmet meal. The breadcrumbs add texture and the garlic and lemon bring out the flavor or the sea trout recipe.
The fish is baked in a hot oven with butter and lemon juice and then a few breadcrumbs are added to it and it is broiled until the breadcrumbs are crunchy. This adds interest to the dish without adding too many different flavors and having them overwhelm the main flavors. This recipe makes enough to serve four people so it is perfect for a family meal when you want to serve something healthy.
You can have a free hand with the veggies, picking out the ones you prefer or whatever you need to use up. What about spinach, cauliflower, or asparagus? Any vegetables would go well with this flavorful fish dish and with other speckled sea trout recipes. This is a nutritious recipe which also tastes nice. Serve it with rice, potatoes, pasta, or another grain.
- 2 sea trout fillets (11 oz each)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Handful broccoli florets
- 1 peeled, sliced carrot
- ½ diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- ½ small can corn kernels, drained
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 diced yellow or red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put the sea trout in a roasting dish with half the butter, the lemon juice and half the water and bake for 10 minutes or 12 minutes if the fish fillets are quite thick.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet and heat it over a moderate heat.
- Sauté the garlic without burning it until it goes golden brown, then add the broccoli, carrot, bell pepper, onion and the rest of the butter. Turn the heat up and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the rest of the water and the wine to the vegetables and keep cooking until the vegetables are soft and the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the corn kernels.
- Broil the fish for a few minutes, and then top it with the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top and broil it for another minute or until the breadcrumbs have browned.
- Arrange the vegetables on 4 serving plates with the fish on top.
This is a colorful dish, largely because of the choice of vegetables. You can use any vegetable you want but sometimes it is nice to pick colorful ones so you get a good effect. The fish is soft and tender inside but coated with crispy breadcrumbs outside, giving it more than a one-dimensional flavor. This dish is simple to make (it might be one of our most easy fish recipes of all) so it’s well suited for cooking novices, especially people who aren’t used to cooking fish. This is a nutritious meal and it would be nice served with potatoes or boiled rice.
Leave a Reply
- Easy Cod Croquettes August 31, 2014
- 4-Herb Baked Salmon Recipe August 26, 2014
- Gourmet Roasted Salmon with Pea Puree August 24, 2014
- Lime and Chili Tilapia Taco Recipe August 19, 2014
- Baked Fish Recipes December 22, 2013
- Shrimp on the Grill Recipes December 21, 2013
- Fettuccini Carbonara Recipe December 16, 2013
- Baked Salmon Fish Cakes December 15, 2013
- Home (52843 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (27296 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (18896 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (15943 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (11388 Views)
- Fried Lobster Tail Recipes (9961 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (9692 Views)
- Baked Steelhead Trout Recipe (8896 Views)
- Succulent Seared Scallops Recipe in a Citrus Sauce (8522 Views)
- Delicious Imitation Crab Salad Sandwich (8504 Views)
- How to Brine Shrimp for Shrimp RecipesAugust 28, 2014
- How to Make the Very Best Salmon RecipesAugust 20, 2014
- Great Cooking Tips for Succulent Salmon RecipesAugust 20, 2014
- Why Homemade Shrimp Recipes are Wonderfully UniqueAugust 16, 2014
- Recipe PublishingJuly 14, 2014
- CrabJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab SaladJanuary 28, 2014
- Cold Crab SaladJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab RecipesJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab ArticlesJanuary 28, 2014