Are you looking for a quick and easy casserole you can make for your family on a busy night? Try the following tuna casserole because everyone will love this it so much they will be begging for seconds and maybe thirds too! This is an easy recipe and an excellent way to use tuna because the result is so satisfying and hearty. Whatever you serve with this, you are sure to enjoy the delicious flavors it offers.
Reminiscent of days gone by is an image of a bubbly hot and colorful creamy tuna casserole. Yes, the crunchiness provided by the breadcrumbs that top this delectable dish, the noodles that were a little browned on the side, and the cream of mushroom soup when fused with a little cheddar cheese and milk, play a nice sustaining role against the tuna.
The peas and diced carrots added a colorful brightness to the dish. Chopped broccoli, onion, and garlic created a tantalizing and visually alluring masterpiece. Steamed fresh tuna crumbled and gently tossed into the above ingredients give rise to a superb comfort food your family will rave over for many days and weeks to come.
Serve this dish with a fresh garden salad of succulent baby spinach leaves, romaine and bib lettuce, thinly sliced carrots, bell pepper, purple onion and tomatoes create a splendid canvas of colorful nutrient rich vegetables. The contrasting colors and textures infused with a tangy sweet sprit of flavor to explode on the taste buds. Compliment this dish with slices of crunchy French baguettes oozing with bubbly melted Swiss cheese.
Do You like Tuna Casserole?
- 12 oz egg noodles
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 21½ oz condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 12 oz canned tuna, drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until it is al dente, then drain it.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the noodles, onion, peas, tuna, soup and mushrooms with half the Cheddar.
- Transfer this mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, and top with potato chip crumbs and the rest of the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is bubbly.
Tuna casserole always makes a wonderful dinner, whether you are cooking for friends or for a hungry family. This recipe is especially delicious and combines tuna with egg noodles, mushrooms and cheese, to offer a delicious treat for everyone. Serve this with salad if you like, or even with some green asparagus or broccoli on the side for extra nutrients. Cheese-covered potato chips on top makes an unusual topping and adds crunch and contrast to this lovely dish. This is simple to prepare and once you have cooked the noodles and combined them with the other ingredients you just have to bake it until golden brown and piping hot.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81334 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33504 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26697 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22322 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21076 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20183 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17523 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17423 Views)