Are you looking for a recipe that is sure to spice up the dinner table? Try the following tuna macaroni salad because it is so delicious. This tuna macaroni salad will make a great lunch or a perfect dinner, as you prefer. Everyone will love the simple seafood kick it offers and this salad is a worthy addition to any dinner table. This is easy to make as well – something home cooks will appreciate. You do not need many ingredients and there is not much involved in the prep either. Simply cook the pasta then combine it with the other ingredients.
Tuna Macaroni Salad
Tuna and macaroni combined with carrot for a bit of color, onion and a dressing of mustard, mayonnaise, and fresh dill. Wholesome, tasty and inexpensive, you can’t ask for anything more. Serve this on a bed of fresh ripe tomato for a down home taste of true comfort food.
This tuna macaroni salad is easily prepared and chilled ahead of time, making it a great lunch salad to pack for work. The mustard adds just a bit of tang and fresh dill really boosts the flavor.
This makes a great summer salad when chilled overnight, allowing the flavors to set in. You could even hollow out a tomato, creating a tomato cup and fill with the tuna macaroni salad recipe for a light wholesome dinner.
How you serve it is your choice but one bite and you’ll be transported in time to those lazy, long summer days of your youth. Ah, the tastes of old time comfort food.
Which is Your Favorite Tuna for Tuna Macaroni Salad?
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 oz can tuna
- ⅓ cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups macaroni or your favorite pasta
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, then drain it.
- Marinate the macaroni in the Italian dressing for 2 to 3 hours.
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, drained tuna, onion, celery, garlic powder, salt and pepper with the macaroni.
- Chill before serving.
This creamy tuna pasta salad is a real crowd-pleaser and the recipe is easy enough to double or triple if you wish to. Tuna and pasta are the main ingredients, while Italian dressing and sour cream add a luxurious texture, and then you have garlic for added flavor, and onion and celery for a pleasing crunch. You can add whatever you like to this recipe, even some apple and walnut for added bite and crunch, or fresh parsley or chives. A scoop of this on an iceberg lettuce leaf makes a nice lunch, perhaps served with bread or crackers and cheese, or you can serve it as part of a buffet.
Photo Credit: 20071006-IMG_2776.jpg by indy138, on Flickr
A Great American Budget Stretcher, Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipe Is Basic, Wholesome, Good Food
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26706 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22333 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17440 Views)