This gourmet salad is perfect if you want to impress your dinner guests. You will need a cooked lobster for this. This is how to cook a lobster: bring a pot of salted water to a boil and submerge a live lobster (head first) into the water. Boil it for twelve minutes, and then let it cool down. Getting the meat out is not difficult. Twist off the claws, crack the knuckles, and use a claw shell to pull the meat out.
Pull off the tail and break the flippers, then use your fingers or a paring knife to break the shell underneath. You can get the tail meat out in one piece. Take the shell off the body and crack the underside in the middle. You can extract the meat from the legs by biting the joints and pulling it out with your teeth – of course, those pieces are the cook’s treat and not for the guests!
The following lobster salad features orange segments and avocado as well as baby greens, and a delicious roasted shallot vinaigrette. You can swap the orange segments for red grapefruit segments if you prefer. The vinaigrette takes a while because you need to roast the shallot so begin that first. If you do not have Champagne vinegar, use good quality white wine vinegar instead; the flavor is very similar.
- 1½ lb cooked, chopped lobster
- 6 oz mixed baby greens
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- 1 peeled, sliced avocado
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 halved, peeled shallot
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ⅓ cup plus ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- First make the vinaigrette.
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Arrange the shallot halves on a piece of foil and drizzle ½ teaspoon of oil over them.
- Wrap the foil around the shallot halves and roast in the oven for an hour or until soft.
- Cool the shallot halves to room temperature, then combine them with the vinegar, mustard, grapefruit juice, salt, and honey in a blender.
- Pulse until the shallot is pureed, then drizzle ⅓ cup of oil in, with the blender still running.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Divide the greens between four chilled plates and top with the avocado, orange segments and lobster.
- Drizzle a tablespoon or two of dressing over each one.
This is quite a simple salad, when you look at the ingredients list, but combining lobster with mixed greens, avocado and orange gives a great result, because the lobster packs so much amazing flavor of its own. The shallot vinaigrette is what brings this lobster salad recipe to life, giving it a lovely tangy flavor. If you are looking for a refreshing summer salad, then this lobster dish is a real winner. Nobody can fail to be impressed with this fantastic dish, and it is a brilliant way to serve lobster. The picture shows how colorful and appetizing this dish is.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26706 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22334 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20198 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17442 Views)