The following dish is one of the most delicious lobster tail recipes you can make. Lobster tail is soft, succulent, and great for making all kinds of dishes from salads to delicate soups. It is amazing served alone too. Just add a wedge of lemon or lime and lobster makes a perfect appetizer or snack. The following recipe is simple to prepare and you will love the contrast between the crispy fried batter and the soft, juicy lobster tails. The sweet ‘n sour sauce is lovely with fried lobster tail recipes like this one as well. If your lobster tails are large, cut them into pieces. If they are small, you can use them whole.
This type of shellfish is a wonderful ingredient to use if you want to make an impressive dish, and cooking the lobster tempura style gives such a wonderful, crunchy result. Tempura is a Japanese method of battering and frying seafood or vegetables. The batter is usually made with water, egg and flour, and left deliberately under-mixed and lumpy, to give the finished tempura a fluffy crispness. If you mix it too much, the wheat gluten will become activated, and this causes the batter to become chewy when fried.
Lobster tails are a good choice for tempura and other kinds of seafood to choose from include squid, shrimp, scallops, and crab. Vegetables such as carrot, bell pepper, green beans, eggplant, zucchini, or pumpkin can also be used to make it. Tempura is eaten with or without a dipping sauce, and it is served hot. Tempura was first introduced to Japan by Portuguese Jesuits in the mid-1500s.
- 8 shelled lobster tails
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups very cold water
- 2 eggs
- Salt and black pepper, to taste Oil, for deep-frying
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch mixed with 4 tablespoons water
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat them.
- Add the water, then the flour, and mix lightly.
- Do not over-mix the tempura batter.
- It is fine to leave it a bit lumpy - this actually gives the best tempura texture.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper over the lobster tails, then coat them in the batter.
- Deep-fry them at 350 degrees F for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Put the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and ketchup in a pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Combine the cornstarch and water, and then add this to the pan, stirring to thicken.
- Serve the sweet 'n sour sauce with the lobster tail tempura.
- If you want the sauce chilled instead of warm, then make it first instead of last.
You can see how thin tempura batter is, compared to the thicker batter you might use on your fish filets or chicken pieces. It lightly coats the lobster tails and you can fry them really quickly. They only take a couple of minutes to cook perfectly in the hot oil. The sweet ‘n sour sauce is mouthwatering as well. Lobster tail recipes like this one are great to make as an indulgent snack for the family, or even for an event such as a dinner party. No one can fail to be impressed with this gourmet recipe.
Leave a Reply
- Easy Cod Croquettes August 31, 2014
- 4-Herb Baked Salmon Recipe August 26, 2014
- Gourmet Roasted Salmon with Pea Puree August 24, 2014
- Lime and Chili Tilapia Taco Recipe August 19, 2014
- Baked Fish Recipes December 22, 2013
- Shrimp on the Grill Recipes December 21, 2013
- Fettuccini Carbonara Recipe December 16, 2013
- Baked Salmon Fish Cakes December 15, 2013
- Home (52887 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (27296 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (18897 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (15952 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (11390 Views)
- Fried Lobster Tail Recipes (9965 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (9697 Views)
- Baked Steelhead Trout Recipe (8902 Views)
- Succulent Seared Scallops Recipe in a Citrus Sauce (8522 Views)
- Delicious Imitation Crab Salad Sandwich (8506 Views)
- How to Brine Shrimp for Shrimp RecipesAugust 28, 2014
- How to Make the Very Best Salmon RecipesAugust 20, 2014
- Great Cooking Tips for Succulent Salmon RecipesAugust 20, 2014
- Why Homemade Shrimp Recipes are Wonderfully UniqueAugust 16, 2014
- Recipe PublishingJuly 14, 2014
- CrabJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab SaladJanuary 28, 2014
- Cold Crab SaladJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab RecipesJanuary 28, 2014
- Crab ArticlesJanuary 28, 2014