A lobster roll has to be the most delicious lunch ever, and it is a great warm weather treat. The best lobster roll should be all about the seafood, and adding too many other ingredients can overpower the delicate seafood flavor. Stick with mayonnaise, a touch of lemon juice for brightness, and some salt and black pepper, so you can really enjoy the seafood taste.
A little celery is a possibility if you like a crunch, and it also adds color to the mixture. Keep the lobster pieces quite big; they should not be finely minced up. You can cook your own lobster (boil it in salted water for the best results) or buy it already cooked. Obviously if you cook it yourself the flavor will be fresher.
Lobster has a unique taste and you can do so much with this ingredient. If you enjoy this kind of seafood, you are going to love this easy recipe for it. Try this lobster roll with a rich, buttery Chardonnay on the side, and perhaps a portion of fries too. A hot dog bun works nicely for making lobster roll recipes, although you could try another kind of bun or even a brioche bun. If you want to forgo the bread altogether, you can serve the lobster mixture on a bed of salad leaves.
- 4 cups cooked lobster meat
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Few drops hot sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 lemon wedges, to serve
- Cut the lobster meat into bite-size pieces.
- Stir together the lobster, salt, celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise, hot sauce (if using) and green onions.
- Lightly butter the hot dog buns.
- Put one lettuce leaf in each dog bun, then spoon a generous amount of the lobster mixture on top.
- Serve each one with a lemon wedge.
You can see how rich, creamy and appetizing this lobster roll is, and what a perfect meal it makes. Lobster is a popular ingredient and you can make the most incredible sandwiches with it, by adding mayonnaise, lemon and a little salt and pepper. Some people prefer a little melted butter instead of the mayonnaise. Serve this lobster roll with fries, like in the picture, or with a handful of chips if you prefer. You can also serve it by itself, since this is quite filling. Be as generous as you want with the portions. A mountain of lobster salad always looks more inviting than a stingy amount!
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe with Penne November 22, 2014
- Shrimp Scampi with Pasta Recipe November 20, 2014
- Shrimp Fried Rice Chinese Style November 18, 2014
- Diabetic-Friendly Shrimp Stir Fry November 17, 2014
- Herby Salmon Casserole with Sour Cream November 7, 2014
- Poached Salmon with Dill Horseradish Sauce November 5, 2014
- Salmon Patties in a Lemon Cheese Sauce November 2, 2014
- Simple Baked Mexican Fish Filets October 26, 2014
- Home (53462 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (27416 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (18998 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (16181 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (11544 Views)
- Fried Lobster Tail Recipes (10051 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (9835 Views)
- Baked Steelhead Trout Recipe (9045 Views)
- Succulent Seared Scallops Recipe in a Citrus Sauce (8617 Views)
- Delicious Imitation Crab Salad Sandwich (8600 Views)
- The Life Cycle of a SalmonNovember 1, 2014
- The Life-Cycle of a CrawfishOctober 22, 2014
- Shrimp Glossary of Cooking Terms - Shrimp Cooking A - ZOctober 21, 2014
- A Brief History of Shrimp and Shrimp RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- A Closer Look at Shrimp RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- A Complete Guide to Cooking Crab LegsOctober 21, 2014
- A Delicious Guide to the History of Fish RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- All About Calamari - How to Cook CalamariOctober 21, 2014
- An Introduction to Easy Fish RecipesOctober 21, 2014
- Crab Cooking TipsOctober 21, 2014