This is a great summer shrimp recipe and it is very simple to prepare. You need to marinate the shrimp in a lemon and dill mixture for a while, and partly cook the zucchini. Thread the shrimp and zucchini on to skewers to make attractive kabobs, and then grill them to perfection. You can serve these tasty kabobs with potato salad, rice or anything else you like.
The lemon, garlic, and dill add plenty of aromatic flavor to the seafood, and you can also brush the marinade over the kabobs during the first half of the cooking time to add extra flavor and moisture. If you are using wooden skewers you will need to soak them in cold water for half an hour before using them. Failing to do this will mean they might catch fire on the grill and then your shrimp and zucchini slices will vanish through the grate on to the hot coals!
Metal ones do not need to be soaked, of course, but take extra care when using these because they retain a lot of heat. People should use a fork to remove the shrimp and zucchini from metal skewers, rather than trying to eat directly off of them.
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 zucchini, in ½ inch slices
- ½ chopped head of lettuce, to serve
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Peel, devein, and rinse the shrimp.
- Leave the tails on if you like, for a nice presentation.
- Put the shrimp in a bowl.
- Combine the lemon juice, garlic, chopped dill, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir well.
- Pour this mixture over the shrimp.
- Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook the zucchini slices in a small amount of boiling water in a covered pan for 2 minutes.
- Drain the zucchini.
- Drain the shrimp, reserving the marinade.
- Thread the shrimp and zucchini on to 8 metal skewers.
- Grill the kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 10 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink and the zucchini is tender.
- Turn the kabobs once while grilling, and brush them occasionally with some marinade during the first half of cooking.
- If you prefer, you can broil the kabobs instead, on the unheated rack of a broiler pan 3 or 4 inches from the heat for 10 minutes or until done.
- Turn the kabobs once while broiling, and brush them occasionally with some marinade during the first half of cooking.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Serve the kabobs on a bed of salad leaves with some lemon slices for garnish.
What could be tastier or more summery than these colorful shrimp and zucchini kabobs? They are a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach, and this recipe is healthy too. Whether you opt to serve these with rice or potato salad is up to you, and you could even serve them on a generous bed of lettuce with your favorite creamy sauce. In the picture the kabob on the left is shrimp only and the one on the right has zucchini. You can do that if you like, or add zucchini to them all.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81391 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33529 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26778 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22393 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21126 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20306 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17620 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17561 Views)