Shrimp on the grill recipes are perfect for outdoor cooking. Make this dish when you are not in the mood for cooking in the kitchen or when the weather is hot enough to make the prospect of being stuck indoors an unwelcome one. Next time shrimp goes on sale you are going to be really happy you have a recipe for it. “Shrimp on the barbie” refers to shrimp on the grill recipes, and is Australian slang for these tasty dishes. The summertime is a great time to barbeque or grill shrimp and you can get creative with cooking methods, threading your shrimp on to skewers, marinating them, combining them with herbs and spices, or trying something new. Here is a quick and easy way to make shrimp on the grill and be sure of a fantastic result. Serve these shrimp with white rice or on a bed of fresh vegetables for a healthy, colorful and well-balanced dish.
Shrimp on the Grill Recipes
Summer days are traditionally hot and humid, yet resplendent with glorious sunshine and the beautiful colors of nature. No need to cook inside and miss these gloriously brilliant days, with shrimp on the grill recipes your taste buds can rejoice.
The ease of this recipe will let you enjoy those long lazy days of summer. Serve these savory grilled shrimp on a bed of grilled fresh vegetables or a snowy bed of white rice.
Serve juicy grilled tomatoes with fresh butter and garlic along as an accompanying side dish. Pass grilled Italian bread slices with gooey melted sharp provolone cheese with herbs amongst your guests.
Within a few mere moments, literally, you have choreographed a symphony of flavors. The tantalizing aromas will have guests drooling with anticipation. So, go ahead, slip a few shrimp on your barbie and prepare for a spectacular summer feast that will have your guests dancing in the sun. The best part is this simple and effortless recipe is one of the easiest for summer entertaining.
What is Your Favorite Way to Cook Shrimp?
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bag and marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Prepare grill to a high heat.
- Thread the shrimp on to skewers and grill for 5 minutes, turning to char all sides.
- * If you like, you can peel and devein the shrimp first, but they are more flavorful if cooked in their skin and then peeled.
Learning how to grill shrimp is worthwhile because the results are always fantastic, especially if you char-grill them to give them a smoky aroma and flavor. In this recipe the shrimp are flavored with a range of herbs and spices before cooking them and then you can thread them on to skewers and barbeque them to perfection. Forget the skewers if you are using extra-large shrimp, and adjust the cooking time accordingly. These are great served with bread, rice or potato salad, and they can be grilled right there alongside your steak and chicken.
Photo Credit: Grilled Shrimp at Creek Cafe by mamamusings, on Flickr
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81339 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33510 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26718 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22339 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21084 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20212 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17530 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17464 Views)