Are you having a family barbeque but becoming rather tired of the same old burger and hot dog menu? Try this delicious spicy grilled shrimp recipe instead and everyone is sure to love it. Check out my easy-to-follow recipe which will reward you with succulent, delicious results. This recipe is easy enough for anyone to master, and because it is grilled you can have fun cooking outside. There is nothing not to love about this tempting recipe.
Spicy Grilled Shrimp Recipe
Gentle, warm tropical breezes that flutter the leaves of the trees and bring the delicate scent of springtime blooms. Family, friends gathered to enjoy a meal together, and the first days of spring. No doubt it’s BBQ season! Everyone grills hamburgers, hotdogs or ribs for a BBQ, but with this recipe you can change the course of your family BBQ’s, into something spectacular.
Tender, mouthwatering shrimp delicately seasoned and spiced up for a zesty taste punch. One taste and your family and guests will nominate you as the family BBQ king of the century. The simplicity of this taste sensational spicy grilled shrimp recipe will be your secret alone.
So what would make a tasty dessert after serving spicy shrimp? The answer is whatever you are in the mood for, but there is something about a springtime fruit trifle with 3 kinds of berries plus whipped cream which might tempt your imagination. Whichever dessert you are in the mood for, rest assured the entrée, this spicy grilled shrimp dish, is sure to impress everyone at your cookout. Nothing could spell springtime and family togetherness more than this sensational BBQ. Share the love and savor the flavors!
Do You Like Your Shrimp Spicy?
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 12 wooden skewers
- Combine the olive oil, sesame oil, chili paste, parsley, hot sauce, minced garlic, ketchup, salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Set about ⅓ of this mixture to one side to use while grilling.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, and add them to a large, resealable plastic bag.
- Pour in the remaining marinade and seal the bag.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Thread the shrimp on to the skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head.
- Discard the marinade.
- Grease the grill grate and add the shrimp, cooking for 2 minutes per side or until opaque, basting often with the reserved marinade.
One of the best things to cook on the grill is shrimp. Forget the burgers, hot dogs and chicken for once and marinate some shrimp in a spicy sauce. Thread them on to skewers then grill them. They cook in just a few minutes and you will be able to see them turn pink and opaque, signifying they are done. Whether you serve these as an appetizer or entrée, just as they are or with your favorite homemade potato salad or some hot, crispy French fries, you are sure to enjoy how the spices resonate with the shrimp, offering an incredible amount of flavor.
Photo Credit: Skewers @ Holiday BBQ by wEnDaLicious, on Flickr
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26706 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22334 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17440 Views)