Are you looking for a quick and easy dinner meal that you can make on a busy weeknight? Try my amazing fettuccine carbonara recipe today and everyone is sure to love it! This step-by-step tutorial will guide you through making this tasty fettuccine carbonara for your family tonight. Perhaps this is a dish you often enjoy in restaurants. Well now you can make your own, and it will offer a fresh flavor, as well as a homemade charm.
It is nice to have a file of quick, easy, but nutritious recipes to bring out when your day has been hectic and tiring. Fettuccine carbonara is one such recipe you might want to include in your limited-time arsenal of quick, easy and wholesome recipes.
Fettuccine carbonara is so easy and requires only a few ingredients. To make this very simple but tasty meal for your family you will need the following – salt and pepper to taste, fettuccini noodles, bacon, shallots, onion, garlic, egg yolks, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. If you like, you can also add shrimp to add a complementary flavor to the dish. Cook this recipe according to our directions and you will have a very tasty and nutritious meal that your family will love and you will appreciate because of its wholesomeness and ease of preparation.
This lovely dish would go great with a delicious cucumber, tomato, and onion salad topped with a light coating of ranch dressing. You might want to serve a simple desert such as a scoop of ice cream or you might want to make a pie or cake. No matter what you chose to serve for dessert make it as simple but wonderful as your main entree for a delightfully pleasant but very nutritious meal your whole family will love.
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 diced shallots
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 16 ounce package fettuccini pasta
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz peeled shrimp (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy saucepan over a medium heat.
- Sauté the shallots until softened.
- Stir in the onion and bacon, and cook until bacon is evenly browned.
- Stir in the garlic when the bacon is about half done.
- Remove from the heat.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, then return it to the pot.
- Sauté or boil the shrimp until pink and cooked through, if using.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, cream and shredded Parmesan.
- Pour the bacon mixture over the pasta, then stir in the cream mixture and shrimp if using.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve right away.
You can see how rich and creamy this dish is in the photo, and rest assured you will find it very simple to make. Put the ingredients together and the result will be so rewarding. This is such an enjoyable dish and probably one you are already familiar with. Making your own fettuccini carbonara from scratch means you will accomplish the feat of making something which offers authentic Italian flavors in every bite. Pair this with a green salad or perhaps with some steamed vegetables, and follow up with a light dessert for the perfect meal. The shrimp are optional but they add an elegant touch to this dish.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81391 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33529 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26777 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22392 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21126 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20305 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17619 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17560 Views)