This easy recipe makes an elegant meal for 6 people if there is a side dish or 2 alongside, or 4 very hungry ones. You will need a package of jumbo pasta shells and some typical Italian ingredients to make your filling. There are 12 jumbo pasta shells in a package, and those will need to be cooked and then drained and allowed to cool, before you can fill them and finish them off in the oven.
For our filling, we are using onion, garlic, eggs, cheese, and spinach. These ingredients combine and then go into the pasta shells, and then you can bake them in the oven on a bed of pasta sauce. Use alfredo sauce if you want, but a classic tomato sauce is also nice. Some people like to spoon some of the sauce over the shells too, so you can do this if you wish. Press a medium (or large) shrimp into each one and add a little more cheese.
These are very attractive and they are delicious served with a hearty green salad. If you usually cook your pasta and then stir it into a sauce, this will make an interesting change, because of course the cheese, spinach and shrimp filling goes inside the pasta shell rather than being the sauce which coats the pasta. Feel free to omit the shrimp if you want, or add something else to the recipe. You might like to incorporate some sliced black or green olives into the cheese mixture, or even add some chili powder to the mix to give it a bit of a kick.
- 1 package jumbo pasta shells
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 beaten eggs
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- 15 oz ricotta
- 20 oz well-drained, cooked spinach
- 12 oz pasta sauce
- 12 peeled medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta shells following the instructions on the package.
- Add the shrimp 2 minutes before the end.
- Drain the shrimp and pasta.
- Separate the shrimp from the pasta.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, then add the garlic and onion.
- Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer the garlic and onion into a bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella, the parmesan, ricotta, spinach and eggs.
- Fill the pasta shells with this cheese mixture.
- Spread the pasta sauce over the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Arrange the pasta shells on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil, press a shrimp firmly into each shell and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, then serve hot.
- You can sprinkle over some parsley before serving if you want.
These beautiful stuffed pasta shells include cheese, spinach, shrimp, and tomato sauce. Serve these and you can be sure everyone will be impressed. The filling is simple to prepare, the shells are easy to stuff, and this dish is baked in the oven so you can use that time to make a green salad to serve with it. The next time you are in the mood for Italian food, grab some of these lovely pasta shells and try our cheese, spinach and shrimp filling. The juicy, cheesy filling works harmoniously with the shrimp, while the tomato sauce adds a nice accent to the dish too.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81343 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33513 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26723 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22343 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21089 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20220 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17535 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17481 Views)