If you are wondering what to make your family for dinner, you might like to consider this simple breaded shrimp tails recipe. Although frying is quick and easy, you might prefer to bake the shrimp tails instead, in which case preheat the oven to 450 degrees F as you bread the shrimp and then spray them with a little oil and bake them on a foil-covered baking sheet for about 10 minutes, flipping them over halfway through. Cut the largest one in half. If it is opaque in the center, it is fully cooked.
You can serve this flavorful shrimp recipe with your favorite dipping sauce, such as ketchup, mayonnaise, tartar sauce or sweet ‘n sour sauce, or you can serve the shrimp with lemon wedges or lime wedges so people can squeeze the tangy citrus juice over their own shrimp if they like.
Possible side dishes include potato salad, fries, corn on the cob, coleslaw, onion rings, or a simple mixed leaf salad with some ranch dressing drizzled over it. This is definite comfort food and if you want to make your family a flavorful dinner without having to spend hours on it, this recipe is ideal.
- 4 cups peeled, deveined shrimp
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 quart vegetable oil, for frying
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Dip the shrimp in the egg, and then coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Fry the shrimp in the hot oil until golden brown and cooked through.
The picture shows how tempting these fried shrimp tails are and coating them in breading means they will be golden and crunchy on the outside. The breading seals in the moisture so expect the shrimp to come out perfectly cooked yet moist and tender. This is a great snack or meal, depending on portion size, and you could even serve each person a couple of these as an appetizer before a meat or poultry entrée. Learning how to fry shrimp is very handy because you will always be able to throw this recipe together in a few minutes and make something your family will really love.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81334 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33504 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26697 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22322 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21076 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20183 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17523 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17424 Views)