This hearty chowder is rich and creamy. It is made with various kinds of seafood. To get a nice balance, we are using clams, fish filets, shrimp, scallops, and calamari or baby octopus, but this is good with any kind of seafood, so you could use more fish filets and less seafood, or even a thawed package of raw mixed seafood if you prefer to do that.
In addition to the seafood, we are using cream cheese, milk and condensed cream of mushroom soup to get a nice creamy base, along with green onion, corn, carrots and potatoes to make it heartier. We are using garlic, cayenne and black pepper to add more yummy flavor. It is your choice whether to use whole, reduced fat or nonfat dairy in this recipe, and you might also with to try a different flavor of cream soup, such as cheese or celery.
This is a simple dish to prepare, and you can get started right away by combining the cream cheese, garlic and milk, before adding the vegetables and flavorings. Then the chowder is allowed to simmer for a while, so take that time to prepare your seafood by removing any bones or skin, cleaning whatever needs to be cleaned, and chopping anything which is too large like the calamari or fish filets. The seafood will only take about 10 minutes to cook so that goes in near the end of the cooking time. This chowder is great served with bread or crackers.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 15¼ oz can whole kernel corn, not drained
- 26 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- 1½ cups chopped potatoes
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6½ oz canned clams
- ½ lb fish filets
- ½ lb peeled, shrimp
- ½ lb bay scallops
- ½ lb calamari tubes or baby octopus
- Put the cream cheese and garlic in a large pot with ½ cup of the milk.
- Warm the mixture up, stirring until everything is blended together.
- Now stir in the green onions, corn with liquid, soup, parsley, carrots, potatoes, and the rest of the milk.
- Add cayenne pepper and black pepper to taste.
- Simmer the chowder gently for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Keep the heat low, so it does not boil.
- Meanwhile you can clean your seafood if necessary, chopping any larger pieces.
- Now you can add the seafood to the pot.
- Cook gently for 10 minutes or until the seafood is opaque.
This creamy seafood chowder boasts plenty of flavor. You can use any kind of seafood you want, along with vegetables, and the components of a delicious creamy base made with milk, cream cheese and cream of mushroom soup. This is an easy chowder recipe, so it is a great one for beginners in the kitchen. All you need to do is combine the ingredients, let it simmer, then add the seafood for the final 10 minutes. Whether you choose to serve this with bread or crackers, everyone is sure to enjoy the amazing flavor this offers. This recipe makes enough for 8 so why not invite some friends over and impress them with our delicious seafood chowder?
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81343 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33513 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26723 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22343 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21091 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20225 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17535 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17483 Views)