An integrated part of the traditional Chinese food regime and cuisine traditions, shrimp is also one of the best known and appreciated seafood varieties in the world, as it is easy to cook and easy to find. If you want to practice, you can use shrimp for many different recipes, for finger food, salads, appetizers, soups and even as the main ingredients for many rice recipes.
Moreover, shrimps are a versatile element that can be cooked with different techniques: boiling, deep-frying and grilling are just a few methods you can try to get the best from this great seafood. A shrimp fried rice recipe is a great example of how shrimp can be used in a traditional recipe. This is a traditional Chinese dish which is as appreciated all over the world. It’s a multi-flavored meal that adds a lot of nutrients into your daily diet.
Besides rice and shrimp, this recipe requires you to add various vegetables, such as onions and peas, and it requires the shrimp to be marinated in a mixture of sauces before being fried. It will not disappoint any Chinese food lovers or those approaching Chinese traditional cuisine for the first time. If you have some friends coming over and you want to make a great impression without spending too much time in the kitchen, present this and everyone will be duly impressed. A lot of Chinese food is healthy too, at least if you stick to the traditional recipes instead of the fatty Americanized versions.
- 4 oz shelled shrimp
- 4 oz cooked ham
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 sliced green onions
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup fresh green peas
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- ¼ cup oil for stir-frying, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1½ teaspoons water
- Fresh cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- First of all, wash the shrimp under running water, dry them with a towel, and shell them.
- Slice them into small pieces.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing the soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper.
- Marinate the shrimp for about 15 minutes.
- Keep the marinade.
- Beat the eggs with a little salt.
- Heat a spoonful of oil in a wok.
- As soon as the oil is hot, pour the eggs into the pan and cook until set, flipping once.
- Cut the resulting omelet into slices.
- Add more oil to the wok, then stir-fry the onion and shrimp for 30 seconds.
- Follow the same procedure for the peas and ham.
- Stir-fry the rice in oil over a medium heat and add the onion, shrimp, peas and ham.
- Combine the marinade with the cornstarch mixture and mix it into the rice mixture.
- Garnish with the egg strips, and finish off with some cilantro or parsley if you like.
A tasty shrimp fried rice recipe needs unleashed creativity and a few choice ingredients. As well as rice and shrimp, eggs, oyster and soy sauces, onions, peas, ham are essential elements of this traditional dish. Something to make this unforgettable is to serve it on traditional Chinese plates made from delicate white and blue porcelain – a renowned pottery appreciated by European nobility and middle classes since when trade relationships developed between China and European trade companies, the East India Trading Company above all. This tasty mixture of shrimp, ham, rice, veggies and Chinese seasonings make a tasty lunch, dinner or side dish.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26706 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22334 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20198 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17442 Views)