Seafood is endlessly versatile. Serve it as an appetizer, entrée or snack. Enjoy it in a Mediterranean, Asian or another style. Try adding it to pasta or risotto, or try the following recipe if you want a crunchy taste of Italy. We are using shrimp, mussels and squid here, along with other ingredients to make this exquisite seafood pizza.
You will need a pizza crust for this, or you can use your own dough. A whole wheat pizza crust would be good here, or else you could just use a regular one. Along with the seafood, we are using tomato sauce, dill weed, garlic, goat’s cheese and olives to top this pizza. You can use any kind of tomato sauce, and omit the olives if you want. Also, feel free to swap the goat’s cheese for mozzarella, or leave off the garlic.
The pizza is first topped with the tomato sauce, then baked in the oven. Meanwhile you can prepare the selection of toppings. Then add all the other ingredients and bake it in the oven again. You will be able to tell when the pizza is done because the crust will be golden brown and the seafood will be warm. You do not have to get the seafood hot (and in fact that might dry it out) but get it nice and warm, and allow the cheese to melt, then the pizza is ready to serve. Either make one large pizza or 3 or 4 individual pizzas if you prefer to have individual ones.
- 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, squid and mussels
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped goat's cheese
- 8 pitted green olives
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Brush half the oil over the pizza crust, then add the sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Now pat the seafood dry on paper towels and add it to the pizza.
- Sprinkle over the dill weed and garlic.
- Add the goat's cheese and olives.
- Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of oil over the pizza.
- If you want some heat, you can sprinkle over some red pepper flakes.
- Bake for a further 8 minutes or until the crust is golden and the seafood is warmed through.
Are you in the mood for a tasty pizza tonight? Forget ordering in and instead make this wonderful seafood recipe. We are using shrimp, squid and mussels, along with aromatic garlic and dill weed. Add some green olives and goat’s cheese, as well as your favorite tomato sauce, and the result is this amazing pizza which is sure to impress everybody. You can use thawed cooked seafood or even boil your own for a couple of minutes. Feel free to use different seafood if you want, such as scallops or anchovies perhaps. You can see this is a colorful, appetizing treat.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26708 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22334 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20202 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17446 Views)