This wonderfully refreshing and tasty avocado shrimp salad boasts cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, and green onions. The salad is served on a bed of lettuce, and tossed with a homemade garlic vinaigrette. This makes a lovely light meal, and you will love the flavors in it. For the best results, make sure your avocados are perfectly ripe and use both red and green salad leaves to add visual appeal.
Also, you might like to use organic heirloom cherry tomatoes, just because they are so delicious. This salad is really summery, and it makes such a nice lunch. It would also work as an appetizer or even a complete meal if you serve some bread on the side or something else to make it more substantial.
Feel free to change the herbs used. Pretty much any fresh herbs will complement this seafood salad recipe, but basil, parsley, and thyme work especially well here, which is why they are suggested. Try cilantro if you prefer though, or even a little mint – whatever you can buy from the grocery store or whatever is growing in your garden. You can grow fresh herbs on the kitchen countertop or on the windowsill and just snip or tear off what you require.
- ½ lb mixed baby salad leaves
- 20 cooked, diced jumbo shrimp
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 diced ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ finely chopped garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Divide the salad leaves between 4 plates.
- Whisk the garlic, lime juice, salt and black pepper together.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while you continue whisking.
- Toss the shrimp, tomatoes, basil, avocado, parsley, thyme, and green onions together.
- Pour over the vinaigrette and toss again.
- Top the salad leaves with the shrimp mixture and serve immediately.
This lovely shrimp salad recipe is easy to put together and, as you can see in the picture, it features lots of bright colors which make it look mouthwatering. If you are looking for the best seafood salad for summer, this one is worthy of your consideration. Not only is it simple to make but the flavors are magnificent, especially the lovely garlic vinaigrette. Garlic and shrimp are always a good pairing, whether you are frying the shrimp in garlic or using the garlic to make a dressing, so try this easy shrimp dish on your family, because they are definitely going to love it.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- A New England Girl’s Lobster Roll May 6, 2016
- Homemade Oyster Stew with Cilantro April 22, 2016
- Spaghetti and Clams with Red Sauce April 6, 2016
- Baked Clams Oreganata New England Style April 3, 2016
- Seared Scallops in a Tarragon Cream Sauce March 30, 2016
- Succulent Tempura Fried Crab Legs with Asian Dipping Sauce March 26, 2016
- Southern Fried Oyster Po-Boy Sandwich March 19, 2016
- Broiled Oysters with Parmesan and Romano Cheeses March 16, 2016
- Homemade Salmon Burger with Avocado and Pineapple March 14, 2016
- Rhode Island Clam Fritter Recipe March 9, 2016
- Grilled Steak and Lobster with Creamy Mashed Potatoes March 5, 2016
- Cheddar Cheese Tuna Casserole with Mixed Vegetables February 28, 2016
- Home (81337 Views)
- Authentic British Fish and Chips Recipe (33509 Views)
- Handy Guide to Grilling Lobster Tails (26706 Views)
- Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish (22333 Views)
- Cheesy Cajun Shrimp and Grits Bake – Perfect Party Food (21079 Views)
- Fish and Chips (20197 Views)
- Simple Cold Crab Salad (17528 Views)
- Sensational Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (17440 Views)